By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Game Pass: every game for Xbox One and Xbox 360

d21lewis said:
I bought my daughter an Xbox One. She doesn't care if a game is old or new. She just wants something to play. I'm gonna get it for her to play when she's at her mom's house.

Well, I'm not sure that any Xbox One game could really be considered old

It's an idea that I'm expecting to take off, but am very skeptical and worried of. However, what surprises me is that it isn't streaming based.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
d21lewis said:
I bought my daughter an Xbox One. She doesn't care if a game is old or new. She just wants something to play. I'm gonna get it for her to play when she's at her mom's house.

It's an idea that I'm expecting to take off, but am very skeptical and worried of. However, what surprises me is that it isn't streaming based.

You'd prefer streaming? Internet sucks in Australia so I prefer this route.

ironmanDX said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I think I already had 25. A lot look like games from Rare Replay.

I'm eyeing Mad Max, pay day 2 and Saint's Row 4...

9.99 for 3 games I missed out on is pretty tempting...

Mad Max was the first game i downloaded. Gamefly'd it on PS4 but never finished, we'll see how this one goes.

ironmanDX said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's not really that I prefer streaming, it's more that I expected streaming.

Meh, too many 360 games

Around the Network

I'm using the free trial to play Resident Evil 0, thank you Microsoft :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Meh, too many 360 games

You're literally named after the 360! You should be like "woo, look at all them 360 games! "

Yeah but that was when the 360 was still relevant. 

d21lewis said:
I own 14 of the Xbox One games and 33 of the 360 games.

$10 a month doesn't bother me.

That's $120 a year though.
Add that to the $60 for Gold... That's $180 a year.

And if you have other subscriptions... It starts to all add up. For instance, say you had Netflix as well... That's another $144 a year.
$40 a month for Internet... EA Access pass ends up as $30 a year...

So just to have the Xbox One connected to the internet, watch netflix, multiplayer, EA access and the Xbox One games pass you are looking at $834 a year...

ironmanDX said:
VGPolyglot said:

Would have been better if there was a small initial download... And the rest of the game data downloaded as you played... Like so many other platforms do. PC included for Blizzard games.

But you are right. Australian internet is shit. I'm sitting at 4-5Mbps depending on the weather so this "service" isn't ideal when some games are 50-60GB plus  20GB+ in patches/DLC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bandorr said:
Several surprises.

No Forza? Infact no Forza on 360 or xb1.
And from what I can tell - no game from 2016+.

Two halo's, and what looks to be every GOW?

that's certainly no surprise as there isn't any BC Forza game (EDIT: from the main series. Horizon has been pulled from the store due to copyright issues.). They could've included Forza 5 though. Maybe after 7 comes out.

2016 games:
Electronic Super Joy (on X1)
KYUB
Layers of Fear
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Steredenn

Maybe more, didn't check them all.

Pemalite said:
d21lewis said:
I own 14 of the Xbox One games and 33 of the 360 games.

$10 a month doesn't bother me.

That's $120 a year though.
Add that to the $60 for Gold... That's $180 a year.

And if you have other subscriptions... It starts to all add up. For instance, say you had Netflix as well... That's another $144 a year.
$40 a month for Internet... EA Access pass ends up as $30 a year...

So just to have the Xbox One connected to the internet, watch netflix, multiplayer, EA access and the Xbox One games pass you are looking at $834 a year...

You're forgetting the electricity to power the Xbox and the mortgage for my home to play Xbox in!

But no. I spent $117 on dinner last night. It's $10 a month and I can cancel at any time.  I actually do subscribe to everything you mentioned in addition to Hulu, WWE Network, YouTube Red, and Comixology Unlimited. It's no big deal to me.