By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter II Is The No.1 Selling Game On Amazon Right Now

Was sold out at two gamestops I went to and a Walmart. I'm pretty surprised it sold out at these stores. I wouldn't pay 40 bucks for it myself.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Also stating the obvious so so WHAT if it's on the PS3/360?

Can you put a PS3 + LCD display in your backpack and play it anywhere? Can you pick it up and keep playing as you go up to your bedroom?

No ... you can't. So give it a fucking rest with the "yeah but it's on ..." .... as far as I know it's not on any easily portable platform actually. The original PS3/360 release does not have the original sprite/music mode either.

Thats rigth and just for the portability is beyond and better than any other version.

34 years playing games.

I can't do it, I just can't. I remember owning SFII on the SNES when they still had the arcades out.

Preordered it a month ago with Amazon, I was emailed Wednesday that I will be gettinv it on the 31st due to high demand.

Yesterday we played USFII in the kitchen while preparing dinner.

Best day ever :)

Around the Network

How good of an overall sales indicator is Amazon? I honestly didn't think the game would do well at all so the game actually being a significant seller would be a nice surprise.

Soundwave said:
LipeJJ said:

You nailed it. That's why I hate when people on foruns claim that games like 1-2-Switch and Skylanders are trash. I mean, is our vision soooo limited? Can't we see that different games appeal to different people? I hope more people come to realize this.

First of all, I don't know why SF2 would be put into the categorey of a 1,2 Switch or Skylanders to begin with, SF2 is one of the greatest, most influential games ever made full stop, those other two games don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. 

Secondly, it's more like sometimes you just want a Big Mac + fries and a Coke. I don't need Yelp! to tell me the corner McDonalds doesn't have a wine menu and has poor service .... I don't give a shit. I want what I want and I've had it before. Just shut up and gimme my burger. 

SF2 is the gaming equivalent of comfort food, no uppity hipster reviewer is gonna change that. 

You don't get it. It's not a comparison between those games and Street Fighter II. It's the opposite: I'm saying there is a place for every kind of game/genre and people should judge less based on their preferences. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I paid $40 for street fighter 2. There was a brief period immediate after I bought it where I was thinking "why the fuck did I spend $40 on a SNES game" then I played it then and realized I'm going to put like 200 hours into it before the year is over. $40 is nothing compared to that much play time

LipeJJ said:
Soundwave said:

First of all, I don't know why SF2 would be put into the categorey of a 1,2 Switch or Skylanders to begin with, SF2 is one of the greatest, most influential games ever made full stop, those other two games don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. 

Secondly, it's more like sometimes you just want a Big Mac + fries and a Coke. I don't need Yelp! to tell me the corner McDonalds doesn't have a wine menu and has poor service .... I don't give a shit. I want what I want and I've had it before. Just shut up and gimme my burger. 

SF2 is the gaming equivalent of comfort food, no uppity hipster reviewer is gonna change that. 

You don't get it. It's not a comparison between those games and Street Fighter II. It's the opposite: I'm saying there is a place for every kind of game/genre and people should judge less based on their preferences. 

I'm just saying reviewing this game like a regular game is pretty much pointless. It's like trying to review a McDonalds to a person who wants a Big Mac and saying "well yeah but, there's no apetizers here, and the service is below par, and the decor is awful, are you sure you wouldn't rather try out this Thai place down the street" ... like who cares, lol. 

SF2 is still fundamentally a good game. I'm not really sure 1,2 Switch or Skylanders are though, those deserve criticism at points, the core gameplay for neither is very well done. SF2 is still a blast to play and very competetive to play amongst friends, the knock on it really is "yeah, but it's $10 too expensive" as if $10 buys you anything great these days. 

Soundwave said:
LipeJJ said:

I'm just saying reviewing this game like a regular game is pretty much pointless. It's like trying to review a McDonalds to a person who wants a Big Mac and saying "well yeah but, there's no apetizers here, and the service is below par, and the decor is awful, are you sure you wouldn't rather try out this Thai place down the street" ... like who cares, lol. 

SF2 is still fundamentally a good game. I'm not really sure 1,2 Switch or Skylanders are though, those deserve criticism at points, the core gameplay for neither is very well done. SF2 is still a blast to play and very competetive to play amongst friends, the knock on it really is "yeah, but it's $10 too expensive" as if $10 buys you anything great these days. 

I agree, I don't understand people reviewing it as a new game either. About the other games... they fulfill their purposes, so I believe they are decent games and deserving of their sales. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won