By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter II Is The No.1 Selling Game On Amazon Right Now

EDIT: Since the game is available, might as well turn this into a sales thread .... USFII for Switch is the no.1 selling game on Amazon right now, lol. 

Do third party games go on sale at different times than Nintendo's games do? Because it is May 26th on the US East Coast, but Street Fighter II isn't up on the eShop yet. Was hoping to download it before going to bed. 

Mario Kart 8 was available right after midnight EST as I recall. 

Around the Network

USF II is available on the European eshop already. Which is odd, because that seems to be behind the american one as far as i could tell.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Not going to bother with the game. If it would be prized at 10 € I'd consider buying it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

It's the no.1 selling game on Amazon.com right now, lol.

In Europe right now

Around the Network

received it physical - it should be on digital!

Switch!!!

Still no.1, lol.

Like I said in the other thread, the game is review-proof. People know what they're getting.

USFII is kind of like Switch on a smaller scale. Its appeal is still outside the comprehension of the hardcore gaming enthusiast. Forum posters like us think, "oh it's only three bucks on PS3 or X360" or "it's a port of a 26-year-old game."

What we fail to understand is that millions of people never owned a PS3 or X360, and many of them are excited about playing the final version of an iconic game that captured their imaginations as kids.

We've been under the spell of the "AAA" gaming machine for too long.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Like I said in the other thread, the game is review-proof. People know what they're getting.

USFII is kind of like Switch on a smaller scale. Its appeal is still outside the comprehension of the hardcore gaming enthusiast. Forum posters like us think, "oh it's only three bucks on PS3 or X360" or "it's a port of a 26-year-old game."

What we fail to understand is that millions of people never owned a PS3 or X360, and many of them are excited about playing the final version of an iconic game that captured their imaginations as kids.

I get why it would appeal to those people or even me, but the price is still a bit too high.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well said. I think hardcore gamers live in an isolated bubble.

Personally, I'm playing USFII right now and I am much more excited about that game than about Uncharted 4 which we bought last week.