By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on Switch. How is it possible?

"Next Generation only"

We're 4 years in mate.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:

Xenoverse 2 is next generation only. PS4, XB1, and PC. It runs at 60 fps. There are more effects as well. Well, it was announced for Switch awhile back. Now that I've seen screenshots, I wonder if the game will be cut down for switch. Like 30 fps and/or less effects. If so, then why was there no PS3/360 versions? I wonder exactly how Switch rates in specs next to PS3/360. 

The game is graphically unimpressive.

The reason for a lack of an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 port is because those platforms are basically dead.

The Switch is superior to the Playstation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 and it has a hardware feature set that is equivalent to the Xbox One and Playstation 4. (And in some aspects, exceed them.)
Performance not withstanding of course.

FloatingWaffles said:

Did Nintendo kick your dog or something dude? Seems like you try to take jabs on the Switch or Nintendo in some form as much as you can.

Who cares? He is entitled to his opinion. Delving into Ad-Hominem isn't going to do squat.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Don't listen to the naysayers, the Switch isn't as weak as some people would lead you to believe, plus it's easier to develop for due to its architect.

FloatingWaffles said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228444&page=0#1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228035&page=0#1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227030&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226974&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226841&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226210&page=1

Did Nintendo kick your dog or something dude? Seems like you try to take jabs on the Switch or Nintendo in some form as much as you can. 

Lol.

The game barely looks like a PS3 game..... so it shouldn't be hard....

mM
Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Xenoverse 2 is really good, I just got it on steam and have sunk in 8 hours and Still have plenty more to go. Hopefully you can get it on switch :)

Would I be okay going into it if I've not played the first? Can get it on PS4 for really cheap but I'm not a huge fan of buying sequels to games I've not played yet, unless the stories aren't connected, lol

I haven't played the first and haven't noticed anything. It's a dragonball game so It's mainly just the story of Dragonball z but you're popping into the timelines to correct things. 

I don't know if there are things I'm missing but I haven't played the first and haven't felt like I'm missing something. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Pemalite said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Xenoverse 2 is next generation only. PS4, XB1, and PC. It runs at 60 fps. There are more effects as well. Well, it was announced for Switch awhile back. Now that I've seen screenshots, I wonder if the game will be cut down for switch. Like 30 fps and/or less effects. If so, then why was there no PS3/360 versions? I wonder exactly how Switch rates in specs next to PS3/360. 

The game is graphically unimpressive.

The reason for a lack of an Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 port is because those platforms are basically dead.

The Switch is superior to the Playstation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 and it has a hardware feature set that is equivalent to the Xbox One and Playstation 4. (And in some aspects, exceed them.)
Performance not withstanding of course.

FloatingWaffles said:

Who cares? He is entitled to his opinion. Delving into Ad-Hominem isn't going to do squat.

I never said he wasn't entitled to his opinion lol, i'm not even 'delving into ad-hominem' since i'm not insulting him (if it sounds that way that's not my intention), i'm just saying that it becomes noticeable after a while of constant threads he makes where it seems like his threads don't offer much other than for him to take quick jabs at something Nintendo related, whether it be the Switch or Nintendo themselves and this thread just reminded me of those since it looks like this thread was only made so he could try to say that he thinks the Switch is too weak or something. 

FloatingWaffles said:

I never said he wasn't entitled to his opinion lol, i'm not even 'delving into ad-hominem' since i'm not insulting him (if it sounds that way that's not my intention), i'm just saying that it becomes noticeable after a while of constant threads he makes where it seems like his threads don't offer much other than for him to take quick jabs at something Nintendo related, whether it be the Switch or Nintendo themselves and this thread just reminded me of those since it looks like this thread was only made so he could try to say that he thinks the Switch is too weak or something. 

You don't need to insult someone for it to be ad-hominem.
You just need to undermine his position by trying to remove any credibility, usually done by attacking someones character or opinion.

He is entitled to make as many threads as he wants, with whatever topic he wants, with whatever opinion he wants, provided it fits in within the confines of the forums rules and regulations.
Attacking his character is going to do squat, argue his position with facts, information and evidence instead.

rjason12 said:
Don't listen to the naysayers, the Switch isn't as weak as some people would lead you to believe, plus it's easier to develop for due to its architect.

There is no doubt the Switch is actually weak though in terms of sheer muscle.

But it gets around that by being more efficient. Being based around nVidia's pretty efficient Maxwell GPU architecture is a big help in that aspect.
I would have loved for better hardware though, 50% more performance at the same powerlevel would have been entirely possible, with a bigger 8" or larger  screen. Maybe with the refresh, the doors are open on that front.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I haven't played the first and haven't noticed anything. It's a dragonball game so It's mainly just the story of Dragonball z but you're popping into the timelines to correct things. 

I don't know if there are things I'm missing but I haven't played the first and haven't felt like I'm missing something. 

That's actually pretty much it from a story perspective.
Xenoverse 1 was actually a pretty decent game, sadly I never could "get into it" so I am waiting on Xenoverse 2 to get cheaper before I pick it up.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
FloatingWaffles said:

You don't need to insult someone for it to be ad-hominem.
You just need to undermine his position by trying to remove any credibility, usually done by attacking someones character or opinion.

He is entitled to make as many threads as he wants, with whatever topic he wants, with whatever opinion he wants, provided it fits in within the confines of the forums rules and regulations.
Attacking his character is going to do squat, argue his position with facts, information and evidence instead.

rjason12 said:

There is no doubt the Switch is actually weak though in terms of sheer muscle.

But it gets around that by being more efficient. Being based around nVidia's pretty efficient Maxwell GPU architecture is a big help in that aspect.
I would have loved for better hardware though, 50% more performance at the same powerlevel would have been entirely possible, with a bigger 8" or larger  screen. Maybe with the refresh, the doors are open on that front.

ArchangelMadzz said:

That's actually pretty much it from a story perspective.
Xenoverse 1 was actually a pretty decent game, sadly I never could "get into it" so I am waiting on Xenoverse 2 to get cheaper before I pick it up.

@ bolded: Obviously he can make a thread about anything he wants to and put his opinion out there, he has ever right to just as everyone else does, again I never said he didn't lol. I wasn't attacking his character though (again if it looked like that, that's not my intention), I was just simply pointing out a trend I was noticing with a lot of his threads about Nintendo over the past few months and this just looked like a continuation of it which is the only reason why I mentioned it.