By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could NEVER keep up with the demand of a Pokemon Swith RPG.

Tagged games:

NintendoPie said:
At 10 million LT you are looking at a major bomb of a mainline Pokémon game. With the budget you're proposing, it'd actually be nuclear.

I am thinking about consoles moved. How many people would buy the hardware just because of Pokemon.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
So an infinite supply of consoles is not enough to cover 10 million units of software?

I see.

10 million consoles sold just because of Pokemon. I was thinking that, but I did not express myself correctly.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think Pokemon on Switch would sell tons without breaking a sweat. However, if you're hoping for the full scale treatment..adding over 800 Pokémon, all regions, ability to trade and battle in all battle formats, interactivity, etc. all in HD, then you'll have to wait for a few years or so. GameFreak has little experience with HD and sure they've down scaled their mainline games before but this is a whole other beast. First the 800 Pokémon and not including potential new ones that could add up to 1000 different species. Then the regions, where do u start your journey? How would it affect other players if interactivity means so much to you. A lot more work than people realize huh? Finally avoiding the initial pitfalls of releasing the game (i.e. Diablo 3's error 37). That could really halt momentum.

Pokemon Stars or the Gen 4 remakes are most likely since they're more contained.

WagnerPaiva said:
zygote said:

... Two big questions come to mind...

The problem is: they make so little, the profits go to the evil scalpers instead of Nintendo.

Very true. 

I do think they are working on various ways of increasing production including pulling on new factory resources, which can take time.  It is good that they released in March so they can rev up production before the Holiday; and I'm hoping they can soon; however they should have had a plan B already laid out for this scenario.  But yes, Mario will likely be seen as enough momentum for the fall.  It is still possible that they could release a lesser that will turn massive with one of the side franchises such as Animal Crossing, but at this point, every title released is furthering the hype and thus the supply problem.  We will see.

Flilix said:
VGPolyglot said:
Imagine if they released a Mario AND a Pokemon game on the exact same day. The demand would be through the roof.

If they had enough stock, they could probably sell more Switches in that single day than the Wii U sold lifetime.

Well, I guess we'll probably never find out!

Around the Network

A fully 3D Pokemon RPG is what fans have been clamoring for since the N64 days when all we got was a glorified battle mode in Pokemon Stadium. Give us a Breath of the Wild style open world (doesn't need to be as big, but you get the idea) with tons of free-roaming Pokemon that players can interact with at will instead of randomize battles and it would sell bajillions.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Yes they could, software doesn't bring console sales on day 1 of launch, but through a period of time.

Yeah in the short run Nintendo Switch is scarce but it would be pretty outstanding for it to be this scarce consistently for years to come. If Mario Oddysey is a big hit we'll see scarcity around Christmas but that will probably be the last time.

couchmonkey said:
Aeolus451 said:
They wouldn't keep up with it because of the artificial shortages that they are know to create for their typical reasons. Also in that situation, people would be pushed into buying it digitally which nintendo would make more money that way.

How comw every time Nintendo creates an artificial shortage, their sales go up?

OP also needsmath lessons, but yes, Pokemon will sell lots of Switches.

Well, they only do it with something that's popular and they do sell through what they produce but they intentionally don't produce enough to satisfy demand to create more hype with "sold-out" headlines. This strategy probably does increase sales in the long run but it does make people who want a product of theirs have to wait longer for it.

areason said:
Yes they could, software doesn't bring console sales on day 1 of launch, but through a period of time.

Well, I could see myself buying a Nintendo Switch along with Zelda, Mario and Pokemon. I would be set for a long time with such cool titles.