By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo could NEVER keep up with the demand of a Pokemon Swith RPG.

Tagged games:

Well currently definitely no, but of course that Switch will not have stock problem forever.

Around the Network

Imagine if they released a Mario AND a Pokemon game on the exact same day. The demand would be through the roof.

I belive a PokeMOBA on switch would make the world implode

I know people have been dying for a Pokémon game on a home console, but i'm not sure it would sell that many more copies or HW than it normally does on handhelds.

Still, would do wonders for Switch, that's for sure!

Aeolus451 said:
They wouldn't keep up with it because of the artificial shortages that they are know to create for their typical reasons. Also in that situation, people would be pushed into buying it digitally which nintendo would make more money that way.

How comw every time Nintendo creates an artificial shortage, their sales go up?

OP also needsmath lessons, but yes, Pokemon will sell lots of Switches.

Around the Network

At 10 million LT you are looking at a major bomb of a mainline Pokémon game. With the budget you're proposing, it'd actually be nuclear.

VGPolyglot said:
Imagine if they released a Mario AND a Pokemon game on the exact same day. The demand would be through the roof.

If they had enough stock, they could probably sell more Switches in that single day than the Wii U sold lifetime.

Nintendo does have more than they can handle. Pokemon would definitely send demand to a new level, but first they must worry about the holidays. Two big questions come to mind.

1) Will they try to release some of the more demand worthy games in the Holidays to solidify the demand for Switch such as Smash Brothers or Pokemon despite not being able to meet demand outside of even the holiday season? (unlikely)
2) Are they taking adequate measures at the moment to activate new factories to increase Switch production? (more likely)

They may not be able to pull things together for the fall, but the choices they make now will impact Switch sales trends and developer mindset for the next 4 years.

Nogamez said:
so do you think a normal pokemon game on switch like the 3ds ones but with shiny graphics wouldnt sell 10 million?

10 million consoles, mind you. It would move hardware like crazy. Bunt Nintendo can not keep up. See the NES Mini and even now, how there are shortages in some markets.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

zygote said:

Nintendo does have more than they can handle. Pokemon would definitely send demand to a new level, but first they must worry about the holidays. Two big questions come to mind.

1) Will they try to release some of the more demand worthy games in the Holidays to solidify the demand for Switch such as Smash Brothers or Pokemon despite not being able to meet demand outside of even the holiday season? (unlikely)
2) Are they taking adequate measures at the moment to activate new factories to increase Switch production? (more likely)

They may not be able to pull things together for the fall, but the choices they make now will impact Switch sales trends and developer mindset for the next 4 years.

1 - No. Only Mario.

2 - Absolutelly not.

For this holyday, Mario.

The Switch will have a Zelda and a Mario. And one could even say they also have Mario Kart, the hardcore Nintendo fans would cry Splatoon2 as well.

But the average gamer would say: They have Mario and Zelda, and if only Zelda can do this kind of impact, Mario can probably do even more.

So, Nintendo probably think they are all set for christmas, to end the year with every single Switch they can make sold.

The problem is: they make so little, the profits go to the evil scalpers instead of Nintendo.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.