By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision Should Port The Older Call Of Duty Games To Switch

I think this would be an easy way to make a few bucks for Activision. Black Ops II (the game from 2012!) just charted on the NPD, why not put a game like that on Switch. It would fill the shooter void on the system and they could add in motion aiming like Splatoon and have split screen on one Switch or LAN style multi.

COD WWII might require more work and what not, but the older COD games are just sitting there and I think a lot of people actually prefer those games, can't be too much work to port the PS3/360 versions. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I think this would be an easy way to make a few bucks for Activision. Black Ops II (the game from 2012!) just charted on the NPD, why not put a game like that on Switch. It would fill the shooter void on the system and they could add in motion aiming like Splatoon and have split screen on one Switch or LAN style multi.

COD WWII might require more work and what not, but the older COD games are just sitting there and I think a lot of people actually prefer those games, can't be too much work to port the PS3/360 versions. 

I'd love some of the earlier CoD games with local splitscreen and bots. Maybe Call of Duty 1, 2, 3, and Big Red One?

Or the Modern Warfare trilogy, again with splitscreen and bots.

I personally dislike Black Ops, so I'd be fine if those games skipped Switch.

Only if its COD4 Remastered.

Just port all of them. There are what? Like 5 or 6 COD games on PS3/360? Port em all. Maybe pair them up in packs of two for physical release.

Instead Activision brought Skylanders to Switch which is the worst selling game on the system, lol, any one of the COD games ported would've made them more money I pretty much gauruntee it. 

Both Activision and Ubi Soft banked on the Switch being more of a Wii type system and they both have two flops on their hands (Just Dance and Skylanders). They should have prioritized other software. 

When will this madness end?

Around the Network

Porting could work but it would need be (re)made for local play, right. If else there might not be a lot incentive to buy them for NS users.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It needs to be one at a time. If 400k people are going to buy with 35k online at any given time if not less. You can't split that between multiple games.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Meh, idk how many people would buy old cod games on the switch. If you are a cod fan, most likely, you have already played them and if you aren't, I doubt it being on the switch will change that. Specially since there are yearly releases of cod which would probably be exclusive to ps4/x1/pc. I'd rather have them remaster it but either ways, activation would probably price it at full price compared to like the discounted prices on every other platform.

What I am saying is, port something else.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Meh, idk how many people would buy old cod games on the switch. If you are a cod fan, most likely, you have already played them and if you aren't, I doubt it being on the switch will change that. Specially since there are yearly releases of cod which would probably be exclusive to ps4/x1/pc. I'd rather have them remaster it but either ways, activation would probably price it at full price compared to like the discounted prices on every other platform.

What I am saying is, port something else.

People are buying 20 year old Neo Geo ROM dumps on Switch. For $10 a pop. 

They'd buy COD, and no don't port something else. Port the big IP, the ones people have an attachment to, don't port one of your lame new games that no one gives a shit about. 

First company that release a good FPS with a multiplayer mode on Switch is going to make a good amount of money IMO. 

They can charge full price, but if they're going to do that they should put two ports on one card. That would be fair. 

I do think some of the more successful multiplayer experiences need to be ported to Switch. It is a prime multiplayer console waiting for signature and varied experiences. These experiences are more about function than packaging.