By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: Scalebound is back in development

Pemalite said:
Perhaps this is that AAA unannounced game by Microsoft? ;) *Hands out tin foiled hats*

A good source is telling me, yes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8410788

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
From Microsoft's perspective they had probably already sunk 10's of millions into developing Scalebound, so taking some of the money they had already invested and trying to bring it to us in another form is probably financially wise.

Doesn't bother me if another company develops it, provided they stick to the original premise.

I would agree. People here are talking about dissing Platinum and burning them, yet they don't seem to udnerstand that it isn't financially wise to sink millions upon millions and then leaving it for the sake of not "burning" another person or studio.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

ArchangelMadzz said:
I mean, yay?

I know it seems like a no win, if it's cancelled I complain and if it comes back I'm not excited.

But what game has gone through this and turned out to be amazing?

JRPGfan said:

It wont be the same........
Its like asking 1 author to do half of a book, then takeing it away from him, giveing it to another to finish up.

Still if this means eventually you get the book, its better than not getting it at all.

There have been games that have gone through development hell and turned out to be good/decent once they finally came out. The Last Guardian and more recently Prey are good examples of that. The Last Guardian is pretty well known for it's troubled development, but Prey also had really bad development troubles. It was originally Prey 2 and it had been worked on ever since 2006 and then got cancelled in 2014, after 8-9 years of development before Bethesda decided to pick up the IP and just reboot it in 2017. (I got this info off of wikipedia). Both those games got pretty good reviews. 

I just wonder, if this is true, what developer Microsoft decided to pick it back up and also if Kamiya has even anything to do with the project anymore, cause didn't he talk about it being his dream game? I can't imagine how possibly angry he could possibly be to see that Microsoft continued it without him, but at the end of the day none of us really know what was happening behind the scenes aside from Microsoft and Platinum games so maybe it truly just wasn't working out and that the only way it would ever see release is through a new developer. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
I mean, yay?

I know it seems like a no win, if it's cancelled I complain and if it comes back I'm not excited.

"Now in Development" ring any bells for you? 

Cancel a game, make everyone mad. Announce youre back on work and make everyone loves you, giving you the right to launch a mediocre/not that good game, i mean, at least youre getting it, right? They care so much about us... last guardian?

Around the Network
Turkish said:

"led by and entrusted to an important "close" MS team"

No PG, no thanks.

The only thing exciting about Scalebound was that PG was behind it. I dont want a design by committee, run off the mill WRPG developed by a boring Western studio.

MS loves games as a service model, so if this rumor was real, expect a multiplayer game like The Division.

Scalebound supported multiplayer anyway. 
Doubt it will be multiplayer only though. 

Acutally, I doubt it is even in development, eventhough MS renewed the trademark. 

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

axumblade said:
RolStoppable said:
Oh great, now I have to pretend that I am interested in the Xbox brand again.

If only some users in this thread were as upfront as you. 

We'd all be banned. 

FloatingWaffles said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
I mean, yay?

JRPGfan said:

It wont be the same........
Its like asking 1 author to do half of a book, then takeing it away from him, giveing it to another to finish up.

Still if this means eventually you get the book, its better than not getting it at all.

There have been games that have gone through development hell and turned out to be good/decent once they finally came out. The Last Guardian and more recently Prey are good examples of that. The Last Guardian is pretty well known for it's troubled development, but Prey also had really bad development troubles. It was originally Prey 2 and it had been worked on ever since 2006 and then got cancelled in 2014, after 8-9 years of development before Bethesda decided to pick up the IP and just reboot it in 2017. (I got this info off of wikipedia). Both those games got pretty good reviews. 

TLG still had the original development team though, all they did was continue where they left off. And prey getting 79 was good but not a score that's going to make it worth it. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I don't think this is true, but I'd keep an eye on it if it were. Scalebound looked like dog shit and was canceled for good reason, but a new team could make it a decent game I guess.

Ryuu96 said:

Well my hopes are now gone....I was hoping this was true....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23