By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch wins April NPD (over 280k)

It was lower than I thought. But congrats Switch.

Around the Network

696k totales consoles sales.
280k switch.
68k 3ds.

So probably 5k ps3 and 2k 360 + 10k vita.

That let 331k for the Xone and ps4.

Xone isn't doing well at all atm, so it's probably something like 240/250k ps4 and 80/90k one ?

Nice sales, but I'm more concerned with how it sells in June of 2019. That will be the true test.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

DialgaMarine said:
Vor said:

So almost 50 % market share for Nintendo this month? It's nice to see some competition. Would be nice to see how it'll stack up against the PS4 later this year ( you can add the Vita although I didn't think it would made much a difference )

Switch is going to get outsold by a huge margin From September and onward. There's nothing Nintendo can release that will compete with the massive third party games that the device is unfortunately not getting. 

If pokemon stars is real, there is that and super mario oddessy. That right there is enough to stay in reach (with other things factored in as well). Look at 3ds for reference during holiday

DialgaMarine said:
Vor said:

So almost 50 % market share for Nintendo this month? It's nice to see some competition. Would be nice to see how it'll stack up against the PS4 later this year ( you can add the Vita although I didn't think it would made much a difference )

Switch is going to get outsold by a huge margin From September and onward. There's nothing Nintendo can release that will compete with the massive third party games that the device is unfortunately not getting. 

Games like Horizon? Which sold great for like 2 or 3 weeks and then suddenly vanished from charts?

Yeahhh right, thats what Nintendo needs...

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
p0isonparadise said:
After 2 months using NPD figures:

Switch - 1,186,000+ (March/April)
Wii - 1,080,000 (November/December)
WiiU - 1,077,000 (November/December)
3DS - 590,000 (March/April)

So despite everyone saying otherwise, it seems launching in the Holidays does infact matter!

Wait - am I reading these numbers wrong? According to NPD the Switch actually outsold the three others, so wouldn't that indicate that if the product is strong enough, the launch period doesn't matter?

Namiirei said:

696k totales consoles sales.
280k switch.
68k 3ds.

So probably 5k ps3 and 2k 360 + 10k vita.

That let 331k for the Xone and ps4.

Xone isn't doing well at all atm, so it's probably something like 240/250k ps4 and 80/90k one ?

MS : No problem, XBL is the biggest gaming social network !!!

Way to freaking go Nintendo!!!! Keep it up!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

xl-klaudkil said:
zorg1000 said:
This puts Switch at about 1.2 million in the US in 2 months.

Not that impressive, ps4 sold 1mill week one.

That's nice and all but is it so hard to say good job for the Switch? We all know the PS4 is a beast and was back then as well. Dude I am a Sony guy but my goodness you just can't let any other system shine without saying something about the PS4. Geesh

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Keep it up Nin

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?