By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch wins April NPD (over 280k)

Aha! Sales are going down and since I think I saw a Switch at Walmart the other week, stocks must be fine. The bubble is bursting!

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Namiirei said:

696k totales consoles sales.
280k switch.
68k 3ds.

So probably 5k ps3 and 2k 360 + 10k vita.

That let 331k for the Xone and ps4.

Xone isn't doing well at all atm, so it's probably something like 240/250k ps4 and 80/90k one ?

MS : No problem, XBL is the biggest gaming social network !!!

Don't forget the numbers of hours played !

Tryklon said:
DialgaMarine said:

Switch is going to get outsold by a huge margin From September and onward. There's nothing Nintendo can release that will compete with the massive third party games that the device is unfortunately not getting. 

Games like Horizon? Which sold great for like 2 or 3 weeks and then suddenly vanished from charts?

Yeahhh right, thats what Nintendo needs...

A game that sold 2.6 million in a couple of weeks? Is also not a third party game? Yeeeeah, you heard it here folks, Nintendo needs less third party support because reasons.

Namiirei said:

696k totales consoles sales.
280k switch.
68k 3ds.

So probably 5k ps3 and 2k 360 + 10k vita.

That let 331k for the Xone and ps4.

Xone isn't doing well at all atm, so it's probably something like 240/250k ps4 and 80/90k one ?

Damn its worse than I thought for XB1.

This is in its by far strongest market too.

Tryklon said:
DialgaMarine said:

Switch is going to get outsold by a huge margin From September and onward. There's nothing Nintendo can release that will compete with the massive third party games that the device is unfortunately not getting. 

Games like Horizon? Which sold great for like 2 or 3 weeks and then suddenly vanished from charts?

lmao

You clearly don't know what are you talking about, do you? Go check Red Dead Redemption, Destiny and Call of Duty sales and come back here

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Not that impressive, ps4 sold 1mill week one.

That's nice and all but is it so hard to say good job for the Switch? We all know the PS4 is a beast and was back then as well. Dude I am a Sony guy but my goodness you just can't let any other system shine without saying something about the PS4. Geesh

Yeah, it doesn't seem particularly fair to point to the PS4 and use that as a way to detract from the Switch's clear initial success.  

lonerism said:
Tryklon said:

lmao

You clearly don't know what are you talking about, do you? Go check Red Dead Redemption, Destiny and Call of Duty sales and come back here

Nintendo will be fine. They have Mario Odyessy and possible Smash Bros. Deluxe and maybe Pokemon Stars this fall, plus Switch will start to get third party support itself with things like NBA 2K, FIFA, Skyrim, and probably more (I'm guessing third parties are scrambling now to get more content to Switch ASAP). 

There is no portable console on the market, you can't take your PS4 with you on an airplane, as such Switch doesn't need to match PS4 tit-for-tat on third party games. Both will sell just fine. It has a design advantage, just as a smartphone can't do everything a PC can, but you can't take a PC portably with you as easily. What Scorpio sells is the bigger question mark at this point. 

DialgaMarine said:

Oh there is, being games that those third party machines aren't getting on a hardware option those third party machines don't offer. Basically why their handhelds have always done well despite lacking major 3rd party support.

SuperNova said:

Wait - am I reading these numbers wrong? According to NPD the Switch actually outsold the three others, so wouldn't that indicate that if the product is strong enough, the launch period doesn't matter?

I elaborated in later post. Switch coulda done even better if it launched during holidays and supply wasn't an issue.

lonerism said:
Tryklon said:

lmao

He is a nintendo gamer so it's not fair he doesn't know these games

Tryklon said:
DialgaMarine said:

Quite clever for it to "vanished from charts" after 2 - 3 weeks, yet simultaneously still be tracking highly on many of them 3 months later. VGC have it in the top 10 for every week we have tracked. 

Dialga is being way too premature, but there's no reason to counter than with hyperbole. Horizon's sales curve has been fairly normal so far, and including digital (which NPD implies is very high) it should end up anywhere between 6 to 10 million LT. I don't imagine Nintendo would mind that :p