By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

RolStoppable said:
Trump this, Trump that. An endless wave of threads.

I propose that from now on the only time a Trump thread gets posted is when he does something right. Think about it. It would be the end of VGC's politics section.

And then he buys a Switch and we're back to flooding.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Damn. What a dumb move.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

RolStoppable said:
Trump this, Trump that. An endless wave of threads.

I propose that from now on the only time a Trump thread gets posted is when he does something right. Think about it. It would be the end of VGC's politics section.

Trump is so cool.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

lulz

Soundwave said:

President Orange Stain: Please stop investigating me and friends and Russia.

Comey: No.

President Orange Stain: You're fired.

lmfao

Around the Network
glimmer_of_hope said:

Unbelievable! Here we go again, the "Never Trump" propaganda hard at work. The acting FBI Director made it clear LAST WEEK he told a Senate panel "There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date".

http://time.com/4775707/andrew-mccabe-congress-testimony/

This isn't even a direct memo from Comey, it was note that was read to a reporter at the NY Times (of course) that supposedly seen this memo! So now people believe a 3rd party "note" over the acting FBI Director? Did Andrew MCCabe lie to a Senate panel? This is getting ridiculous!!

The quote you mention is NOT in reference to Michael Flynn, which is what the memo is about, but rather the investigation of Russian ties to Trump campaign/administration officials. 

"In testimony to the Senate last week, Mr. McCabe said, “There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date.” Mr. McCabe was referring to the broad investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. The investigation into Mr. Flynn is separate." (albeit related)

As for the memo not being "direct", my understanding based on what you said is:  "Comey gave a copy of his memo to someone who showed it to the NYT."  Admittedly the veracity of the memo can be questioned, for instance if you happen to think this unknown source faked the memo, but it's not really a "third party note" if I understand the situation correctly. 

In any case, Congress is apparently requesting a copy of the memo, which should lay to rest any question about whether it's really from Comey.  But the really interesting question to me is regarding Trump's insinuation that he has recordings of his conversations with Comey.  If so, and the memo is false, he could easily disprove it; but if the memo is accurate, he's going to look very bad keeping a recording of the same conversation secret, for the very reason that it would so easily vindicate him if he wasn't guilty. 

I've been resisting people's comparisons of Trump's situation to the scandal that brought Nixon down, but secret tapes that a congressional investigation wants to see that the president doesn't want them to see?  You can't get much more on the nose than that. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Guys from the US, i feel sorry for you. Just hope your country will get out of this mess asap. It will be the best for it and for the world.

JWeinCom said:
Cobretti2 said:
What i find funny is why were all these people who are now posting thee thing so silent BEFORE the election? Airing this stuff on an insignificant gaming forum is hardly going to change the world

Everyone knew he is a maverick ad does shit on the fly.

Rol is on the money too lol

Uhhhhhh... that's not "being a maverick" or doing shit on the fly.  That's obstruction of justice.  

I meant in general not this case. everyoneknows the type of person he is. more should have been done before he got elected. anythign he does now is nto really a shock lol.

Cobretti2 said:
What i find funny is why were all these people who are now posting thee thing so silent BEFORE the election? Airing this stuff on an insignificant gaming forum is hardly going to change the world

Everyone knew he is a maverick ad does shit on the fly.

Rol is on the money too lol

There was not much before the election before people thought nobody would be stupid enough to vote for him so it didn't really matter what he did. Of course now we're angry that we were wrong.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Probably more fake news. But we'll see. If he really did that's pretty bad.