By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your fears/phobias?

So, all of us are scared of at least something, so what is it for you guys? Here's some of the phobias that I have:

Acrophobia - I do have a fear of heights, and can get uncomfortable when up high, especially if I can see outside or if there's not really a barrier between where I am and the drop

Hemophobia - If I see blood in real life, especially a lot of it, I start to feel really sick and sweaty/tingly

Thanatophobia - The knowledge that I'm going to die has caused much anxiety in the past, and even now I still have some moments where it can act up again

Those are the main ones I can think of. There may be others, but I either couldn't think of them or did not consider them significant enough to list here.

What about you? What are you scared of?

Around the Network

Spiders

Fuck em (Not sexually)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Thanatophobia. So, so bad.

I'm also fearful of heights and speed.

So flying is like the perfect fear storm for me

Mostly fear of heights. I won't climb a ladder if it's not stable, I won't look down when I'm on a high building, I won't take any risks when there is a possibility that I could fall.

Other than that, I don't have any real phobias, but some things make me feel a bit uncomfortable (like darkness or small spaces).

My biggest fear is definitely being robbed/assaulted. Other than that it's just smaller fears like being afraid of poisonous snakes and spiders.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
None.

I'll fear danger if it's a possibility but that's about it, it's a survival instinct.

I have problems with anxiety, but not fears or phobias.

Yeah, I have problems with anxiety too, but I didn't put them in the OP as I wasn't sure if it counted or not.

Trypophobia ( I am not even sure if it is the correct form, I never searched for it out of fear). I thought I was the only one on earth with this, until I learned that my cousin also has the same thing. She told me the name.

It gets pretty bad, I very often just tear my skin by itching if I am triggered.

Vini256 said:
My biggest fear is definitely being robbed/assaulted. Other than that it's just smaller fears like being afraid of poisonous snakes and spiders.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to be scared of going to school because I thought that a cougar would kill me or that I would get murdered by a serial killer. 

Thalassophobia. I probably don't mind travel by sea. But I certainly won't go diving. The deep darkness in the ocean and their creatures who live there give me the chills. I kinda feel totally helpless thinking about in being in that place. I rather enjoy walking through the woods at night. I mean...common https://youtu.be/Ju-AEhX8FT4

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Whenever a generic/bland male character tries to ruin a cute girl x girl ship in a show.

Other than that, flying cockroaches.