By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Harvest Moon: Light of Hope announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

AAAAAAAAH Im so glad! Harvest moon is one of my favorite franchises and now back to the home console ;D

Article:

Switch and PC versions playable at E3 2017.

Natsume and Rising Star Games have announced Harvest Moon: Light of Hope for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC

The new game promises to “encompass twenty years of spirit that has made the franchise what it is today.” It will be playable on Switch and PC at the Natsume booth at E3 2017 from June 13 to 15.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Natsume:

About:

In Harvest Moon: Light of Hope, players begin the game as they set out looking for a fresh start and new surroundings. During their voyage, their ship is hit by a monsoon and goes down. As they drift into a small harbor town, now in a shambles from the storm, it will be up to the player to help rebuild the town and save the lighthouse…but it won’t be easy! Nevertheless, with some hard work growing crops, tending livestock, and gathering materials for repairs, players will be able to make new friends, start a family, revive the lighthouse, and save the town!

Hiro Maekawa, President & CEO of Natsume

“Harvest Moon: Light of Hope will set itself apart from other Harvest Moon titles with its depth, including a robust story and clear-cut goals. We set out to create a SNES-style nostalgic game with deep and meaningful characters and events, and we are excited to have our fans play it at E3 and tell us what they think!”

Martin Defries, Managing Director, Rising Star Games

“Partnering with Natsume for over a decade, we’ve been delighted to bring the joyful gameplay of Harvest Moon to fans in Europe and beyond. We are excited to be part of the unveiling of Harvest Moon: Light of Hope at E3″.

A release window was not announced.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

The last home console Sony had that got a "new" game of Harvest Moon, was the Playstation 2 right?

JRPGfan said:

The last home console Sony had that got a "new" game of Harvest Moon, was the Playstation 2 right?

yeap

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Well, color me interested. Eager to see gameplay as well as the potential waifus xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Reminder to everyone: this isn't the Harvest Moon you grew up loving, which is now called "Story of Seasons".

It's the low-budget crap that Natsume keep pushing out using the IP's name to get sales.

Around the Network

It's not coming from the original team that made the good HM games, but it'll be interesting to see how they roll with this one. I wonder if they'll be taking notes from Stardew Valley at all, considering that was well received and did well on Steam.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Great to see the ps4 version announced. First time for a Sony home console since the ps2 days!

Kresnik said:
Reminder to everyone: this isn't the Harvest Moon you grew up loving, which is now called "Story of Seasons".

It's the low-budget crap that Natsume keep pushing out using the IP's name to get sales.

^^^

Don't get fooled by the logo, you'll get disapointed since if last titles are anything to go off I wouldn't expect this game to feature the quality the franchise was once known and praised for. If you are looking for the next true Harvest Moon game it will be Story of Seasons which is also got a new title coming to the Switch which is made by the staff at Marvelous; the people who actually made the original Harvest Moon games in the first place.

Yes this is great i was literally searching for harvest moon type games to play on ps4..but only found this one indie game with snes graphics(heard it was good but i cant deal wit them graphics on a 40+ tv)

Shikamo said:
JRPGfan said:

yeap

PS4 = new PS2  continues :)