By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Third Parties sabotage Switch games and ports like they did with the Wii and Wii U?

I wouldn't say that yet. It's not as clear as with the WiiU, in which the "unprecedented partnership" turned out to be one of the biggest harms the console suffered. It is still soon to say, specially when most of the adequate games for the Switch (A-AA japanese games) usually depend on bigger userbases to thrive. Wait for the response of the Big Three (EA, Activision and Ubisoft) after a year, then we'll know what's up.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Of course they will sabotage the Switch, because they hate nintendo and hate selling their games! Alternatively, no. They will not "sabotage", they simply wont invest resources on games for an umproven console that may constitute a bigger risk.

A poorly implemented mode on a Capcom game isn't a great example. They released a broken Street Fighter 5 on PS4. Were they trying to sabotage Sony? I chalk it up to ineptitude on Capcom's part in an effort to justify a full priced release of a 20+ year old game. It's not like they shoehorned motion controls into the entire game. Way of the Hado is a mode best left ignored, and likely will be.

I wouldn't go as far to say 'sabotage' but you do make a really good point. If 3rd party's want their games to sell, they need to be a selling an actual decent quality game. They can't expect us to just be thankful that they're giving us anything at all, because I can spend my money elsewhere on Switch games that had decent time and effort put into them, even if they're more on the line of indie games, than from a big AAA publishler.

I don't think it will be as big of a deal. Switch is a portable, so some sacrifices I think are naturally understandable to the consumer.

With the Wii/Wii U it wasn't as cool because the controller gimmicks (waggle or second screen support) were usually both so underwhelming that it really sucked compared to the PS3/PS4 versions.

But with Switch, full portability and ability to enjoy the game anywhere is a much more tangible difference. As such for example I wouldn't mind if EA ported last year's FIFA to Switch just with updated rosters. Would I want more than that? Sure. But even that would still be worth buying for me. It would still be a lot of fun to play portably.

Around the Network

" Will Third Parties sabotage Switch games and ports like they did with the Wii and Wii U?"

*insert thatsbait.gif*

Its not like they go out of their way to make bad games for nintendo.

Their probably trying to make teh best use of the motion controll gimmicks they can.

Jpcc86 said:

Of course they will sabotage the Switch, because they hate nintendo and hate selling their games! Alternatively, no. They will not "sabotage", they simply wont invest resources on games for an umproven console that may constitute a bigger risk.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

But yes... this Street Figher II thingy looks like a turd.

Just dont buy it.
Shouldnt reward this shoddy work.

JRPGfan said:
But yes... this Street Figher II thingy looks like a turd.

Just dont buy it.
Shouldnt reward this shoddy work.

I'm buying it. Why should everything have to be done perfectly? I'm still going to have a lot of fun playing this on the go.

Bomberman R wasn't perfect, but becuase its sold well Konami has patched the game quickly and probably now will bring other games to Switch. Boycotting really doesn't do anything. 

Nintendo sabotage them self with weak hardware. Some games are not possible on a switch life bf1 or tf2.