By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Injustice 2 - 88 Meta PS4 - 88,33% GR PS4

VGPolyglot said:
V-r0cK said:

Well if you preorder any version of the game you get Darkseid playable character.

And if you get the Ultimate Collectors Edition you get an additional 9 (That's right, NINE) DLC fighters. That's a huge roster chunk I'd say.

So technically yes they're somewhat charging for DLC characters right off the bat. And i'm sure those 9 DLC characters will come later with a price for those that buy the normal edition.

That's just insane. 9 characters already. I hope that there'll be an XL version.

Why is it insane? And why do you say "already" as if those characters are available right now, if you just cough up the dough.

What they're doing here is standard game + season pass = ultimate/deluxe/elite/premium/whatever edition practice that publishers pull out for just about every major AAA release. Nobody is forcing anyone into buying these. You can always just wait for each of those 3 DLC packs to drop and buy them then...or on sale later....or never. The game at launch has exactly 1 DLC character, which is a preorder/unused copy bonus. Nobody is being robbed of a huge chunk of game here.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's just insane. 9 characters already. I hope that there'll be an XL version.

Why is it insane? And why do you say "already" as if those characters are available right now, if you just cough up the dough.

What they're doing here is standard game + season pass = ultimate/deluxe/elite/premium/whatever edition practice that publishers pull out for just about every major AAA release. Nobody is forcing anyone into buying these. You can always just wait for each of those 3 DLC packs to drop and buy them then...or on sale later....or never. The game at launch has exactly 1 DLC character, which is a preorder/unused copy bonus. Nobody is being robbed of a huge chunk of game here.

I say already because they have 9 already announced DLC characters. And what does it matter if it's standard? Maybe I think the standard's insane? And yes, I'm not being forced into buying it, but does that mean that unless I'm buying it I can't have a say?

Nice to see it's doing well, can't wait to get my hands on it.

VGPolyglot said:
Angelus said:

I say already because they have 9 already announced DLC characters. And what does it matter if it's standard? Maybe I think the standard's insane? And yes, I'm not being forced into buying it, but does that mean that unless I'm buying it I can't have a say?

First off, it's 3 announced characters, which nobody will get for a month, the other 6 could be anything/anyone as far as anyone knows

So....your definition if insane is telling your fans/customers that you have a DLC/content plan for them, letting them know that you'll continue to support the game long term? Having these types of ultimate editions that include a season pass type of deal is no different than giving gamers the option to preorder your base game. It's the same exact principle, "hey look, we're making stuff....please buy it."

Fuck, I'm not even that interested in this game...might pick it up on sale at some point, but I really don't understand what you're so upset over here? I'd understand if this was just a bunch of cut content that they're holding for ransom to get more money, but it's so clearly not. They're still working on the first batch, and probably don't even know themselves yet who the rest will be. They had their deadline, they shipped their game (with what btw...like 30ish characters? That seems like a whole lot to me), and now they're onto future content.

Now, I for one have always found it rather amusing that people are willing to pay so much per DLC character in fighers, as I don't really see the value in the 4-5 bucks every publisher thinks they can charge for that shit....but ok, that's apparently what the market is willing to pay, so fuck me.

Angelus said:
VGPolyglot said:

First off, it's 3 announced characters, which nobody will get for a month, the other 6 could be anything/anyone as far as anyone knows

So....your definition if insane is telling your fans/customers that you have a DLC/content plan for them, letting them know that you'll continue to support the game long term? Having these types of ultimate editions that include a season pass type of deal is no different than giving gamers the option to preorder your base game. It's the same exact principle, "hey look, we're making stuff....please buy it."

Fuck, I'm not even that interested in this game...might pick it up on sale at some point, but I really don't understand what you're so upset over here? I'd understand if this was just a bunch of cut content that they're holding for ransom to get more money, but it's so clearly not. They're still working on the first batch, and probably don't even know themselves yet who the rest will be. They had their deadline, they shipped their game (with what btw...like 30ish characters? That seems like a whole lot to me), and now they're onto future content.

Now, I for one have always found it rather amusing that people are willing to pay so much per DLC character in fighers, as I don't really see the value in the 4-5 bucks every publisher thinks they can charge for that shit....but ok, that's apparently what the market is willing to pay, so fuck me.

I'm not really upset, but you sure seem to be! I think you're taking what I said out of proportion.

Around the Network

That's a very good score! The first one was already a very good game imo.

VGPolyglot said:
Angelus said:

I'm not really upset, but you sure seem to be! I think you're taking what I said out of proportion.

I'm not upset, just a bit baffled, because I'm quite certain I've seen you complain (and falsely frame) what they were  doing with this game in a previous thread, where it was also pointed out that there weren't just 9 characters cut from the game for a quick buck, and now here in this thread you (along with others) have been framing it in rather the same way again.

So either you keep posting about this without actually paying attention, or you just have some kind of bone to pick. Either way....seems like a waste of time

Angelus said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm not upset, just a bit baffled, because I'm quite certain I've seen you complain (and falsely frame) what they were  doing with this game in a previous thread, where it was also pointed out that there weren't just 9 characters cut from the game for a quick buck, and now here in this thread you (along with others) have been framing it in rather the same way again.

So either you keep posting about this without actually paying attention, or you just have some kind of bone to pick. Either way....seems like a waste of time

I don't remember posting about it an another thread, I'd need to see it to freshen my memory.

V-r0cK said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Aren't they pulling a SFV and charging for DLC characters and other content right off the bat?

Well if you preorder any version of the game you get Darkseid playable character.

And if you get the Ultimate Collectors Edition you get an additional 9 (That's right, NINE) DLC fighters. That's a huge roster chunk I'd say.

So technically yes they're somewhat charging for DLC characters right off the bat. And i'm sure those 9 DLC characters will come later with a price for those that buy the normal edition.

Ok so they aren't charging $80 for three fighters that they have ready right now? That's how I understood it. If those 3 fighters come out in a month or two then it's just DLC as normal. If those three fighters are already playable at launch day, then they are pulling shenanigens.

VGPolyglot said:
Angelus said:

I don't remember posting about it an another thread, I'd need to see it to freshen my memory.

Tbf, looking back at it, you weren't actually the one falsely framing it in that thread, you just kinda asumed it was true without looking into it I guess. I was misremembering.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8403540