By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft on Switch. Will it get a surprise?

Will Minecraft on Switch get amiibo?

Yes, It has to happen. 19 51.35%

No, never in a million years. 18 48.65%

Total:37

with how much this thing is going to sell I say yes, but I voted no

Around the Network
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Dravenet7 said:

This would be a trainwreck. Exclusive content such as skins is one thing, Mojang having creative freedom is another, but exclusive features is something Microsoft would never want aside from the Switch's TV to handheld feature (which apparently they butchered).

So you agree that the Switch version of Minecraft is already an exclusive version of the game. The Super Mario World is also exclusive to Nintendo. Why not do more "exclusive" things in the Switch version then since it is already exclusive anyway?

No. Ok no. Stop. You're doing some selective reading. Exclusive content: such as skins, is completely distinguishble from exclusive features. 

Every console version has a exclusive skins. None of them have exclusive features. The sole exception,  (mind you this was a stretch when I said it in the first place), was the Switch TV to handheld modes. The only reason its an exclusive feature (mind you this is again a stretch) is because that is how the system was built to work. It's like saying Minecraft was on the 3DS and it had an exlcusive 3D feature. Sure its an exclusive feature, but ut really is because of the built in functionality.

An exclusive feature, a real exclusive feature, has never been done and wouldn't be done for good reason. The reason I previously mentioned.

Ganoncrotch said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

But the world sizes were small in the PS3, Xbox 360 and Vita editions. The Switch version allows worlds 13 times bigger.

Yeah... but at the time the Vita version came out, that was the only console version going, so your line about "Never before has there been a full console version playable anywhere before" isn't true, at the time the Vita version came out, that was the full sized console version, and fuck it was great on the Vita too. Just like it's amazing on the Switch... unless you're in a field of wheat, I've noticed that growing around you can tank the frame rate fairly badly.

I never considered the Vita version console quality, but yes, that part of the the OP is my opinion. Minecraft on Switch is the only version that goes from console (TV mode) to portable (Undocked mode) and is the exact same no matter where you play it.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah... but at the time the Vita version came out, that was the only console version going, so your line about "Never before has there been a full console version playable anywhere before" isn't true, at the time the Vita version came out, that was the full sized console version, and fuck it was great on the Vita too. Just like it's amazing on the Switch... unless you're in a field of wheat, I've noticed that growing around you can tank the frame rate fairly badly.

I never considered the Vita version console quality, but yes, that part of the the OP is my opinion. Minecraft on Switch is the only version that goes from console (TV mode) to portable (Undocked mode) and is the exact same no matter where you play it.

What about the Vita is different from the PS3/X360 for you? The World sizes are identical in both and you can move your world from Vita to PS3 in about 30 seconds.

Vita literally got a port of the full ps3/60 version of the game which was out at the time. Was fantastic for what they achieved on the handheld.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

from a realistic perspective, no. every version of Minecraft has been more or less a port. they didnt even bother implementing any touch features on the Wii U or Switch editions, so updating the game to include amiibo seems unlikely.

but in the unlikely scenario where they do i see it happening like this- they make a Steve amiibo that could allow a player to save a skin and use it in any game. also they could make a Grass Block amiibo that could save an entire world to be used in other games. or if you really want to stretch it they could make Ender Chest amiibos that act as Ender Chests when tapped into the game. just a few ideas

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

What about the Vita is different from the PS3/X360 for you? The World sizes are identical in both and you can move your world from Vita to PS3 in about 30 seconds.

Vita literally got a port of the full ps3/60 version of the game which was out at the time. Was fantastic for what they achieved on the handheld.

The world size of Vita, PS3/360 was not as big (infinite) as PC back then. I know the console world size still does not compare to PC now but it is large enough for a decent sized area. Again this is a personal opinion of mine. You found the Vita's world size adequate? Too small for my needs.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The world size of Vita, PS3/360 was not as big (infinite) as PC back then. I know the console world size still does not compare to PC now but it is large enough for a decent sized area. Again this is a personal opinion of mine. You found the Vita's world size adequate? Too small for my needs.

Well then the X360 and ps3 were also too small to be considered a full console experience also.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Minecraft Amiibo could do well especially with all the Minecraft merchandise being really popular with children

I wouldn't get it though, the PC version is enough for me

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Minecraft Amiibo could do well especially with all the Minecraft merchandise being really popular with children

I wouldn't get it though, the PC version is enough for me

Yes, Minecraft amiibo would be a sales phenomenon. I think Microsoft would be able to clean up on them.