By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disgaea 5: Complete Edition - Switch vs PS4 - Visual & Load Time Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hzOYtf2BaU

New direct-feed footage for Disgaea 5: Complete has just been uploading showing off the visual and load time difference between the Switch’s and the PlayStation 4’s version of the game. From the footage, the Switch’s version of Disgaea 5: Complete is a little faster then the PlayStation’s 4 version.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Barely any differnce at all.
Good port, time to show support Nintendo Switch users.

I like how they increased the text size and put it in bold, that would make it easier for when in portable mode to read.

Other than that the only other difference I can tell is that PS4 cutscences seem to be more saturated although it's definitely probably just to do with the way the video's been captured it's been heavily noted that with Switch you need to change the settings to full rgb instead of auto or limited for the colors to not look 'washed out'.

This video details the the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIiijEKOFtU

forget resolution, forget framerates, THIS gen is all about 'load times' ...

The PS5 Exists. 

It's pretty cool that the console can keep up with load times. Snappy, quick little console :)

Around the Network
axumblade said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Because Disgaea is such a graphically intense game...

Etna strongly disagrees...

GribbleGrunger said:

It's been about load times since the cartridge vs. CD days!

axumblade said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Because Disgaea is such a graphically intense game...

I was rather interested in what made disgaea 5 too intense for the Vita

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-30/nis-president-ps-vita-version-of-disgaea-5-is-impossible/.82756

When that machine got both complete versions of 3-4

Honestly having played about 3-4 hours of Disgaea 5 on the Switch I can't see anything majorly huge which wouldn't have been possible on Sonys handheld, that said the Switch version does look spectacular even on the big screen.

I know... it isn't a graphically intesive game, but it is still a rather cool to see parity between PS4 and Switch on a few titles especially like I said something that wasn't possible on the Vita.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

How much resolution is Switch version ?

VGPolyglot said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's been about load times since the cartridge vs. CD days!

I think load times have become an issue again more recently though, with things like The Witcher 3 taking upwards of 2 minutes to load an area at times... that is just too much, you're going back to PSP levels of loading times there... I mean... that is 1/30th of an hour spent looking at a single loading screen! Crazy, in the same lenght of time I could have been hit with 7 Blue shells in MK8D!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive