By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

It is a good game but not a good Zelda game because there is next to no Zelda gameplay or music in it.

I consider myself a Zelda fan, I've enjoyed very much almost every Zelda that has ever existed, and I wasnt that crazy- and still am not- with BOTW. I do like the game a lot, thats for certain, but I wouldn't count it amongst the best of the series, much less the very best, as some people like to think. So you can imagine when a game like this comes out as part of a console launch and the general hype overrates it way too much its a bit of an overkill for me. Anyway, I expect in due time, the conversations we have about this game are gonna be very different. Much like how it happened with Force Awakens.

"Zelda 64"

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Breath of the wild is the best game I've ever played, and I have been gaming over 30 years.

Around the Network

I never played a mainline Zelda game until Breath of the Wild, but it was good enough to make me a Zelda fan and earn a spot of being one of my favourite games of all time.

Have you ever climbed a ladder IRL? Do you know that you do not really use any energy when resting, since your own leg bones hold you up? If you can stay still on a ladder for hours, so can Link.

Nice read!

I especially liked the bit where you compared using a ladder to hand gliding in terms of the same effort!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Speaking as someone who hasn't played Zelda Breath--and I do want to play it eventually--it's kind of funny how unexciting it looks from screenshots and such.

I was thinking about this the other day after reading a thread with a lot of people saying it was perfect. It's just that none of the comments made me feel super interested. It was mostly superlatives that wouldn't mean anything to someone who hasn't played or comments like, "yeah, other games have that but it's better in Zelda Breath."

I'm not saying it's not a fantastic game or anything like that, it just struck me as peculiar that it doesn't *look or sound* all that interesting from the outside in terms of normal game-play. It's extremely pretty, certainly, but that's not what grabs me about games.