By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NVIDIA CEO talks up Switch, why partnering with Nintendo made sense

Shikamo said:

Source

Those red and green colors look like a very profitable Christmas to me.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network

deskpro2k3 said:
The tone of his answer seems meh. I remember when Nvidia partnered up with Sony's PS3, and they were boasting, and excited and stuff. I didn't feel that excitement here from that answer.

Can I get a link to this PS3 partnership reaction?

KLAMarine said:

deskpro2k3 said:
The tone of his answer seems meh. I remember when Nvidia partnered up with Sony's PS3, and they were boasting, and excited and stuff. I didn't feel that excitement here from that answer.

Can I get a link to this PS3 partnership reaction?

http://www.nvidia.com/page/console.html

https://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2005/07/11/nvidia_rsx_interview/2

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Alkibiádēs said:
Lol at the reactions. Seems some people really can't handle good Nintendo news lol.

They definitely can't

So much Nintendo hate on just one page!! LOL

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

The X1 released 2 months before they started constructing the Switch (2015); they were inclined to use that chip. The P1 was too expensive and wasn't released yet.

Nintendo already stated if they reach 10 million Switch units sold by the end of the year, they would either plan to make a reinforcement or cut the price. Besides, the Switch isn't obliged to require that architecture yet, unless most games can't even run at 720p30 bare minimum on handheld.

Oh, and before you say, "they could've waited", Nintendo were financially struggling and desperately needed a replacement for the Wii U, they couldn't continue creating games for that console and the 3DS was surely on it's way out after Sun and Moon. They wouldn't be relevant for a long time if they didn't reveal the Switch sooner than now, and that could indirectly butcher the success of the Switch.

deskpro2k3 said:

Really? I thought it was quite glowing with quotes like "delighted me in a way no game console has done in the last 10 -15 years", "really innovative", "quite ingenious", "really delightful", "it's just a home-run", "perfect collaboration".

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Really? I thought it was quite glowing with quotes like "delighted me in a way no game console has done in the last 10 -15 years", "really innovative", "quite ingenious", "really delightful", "it's just a home-run", "perfect collaboration".

Ikr

TruckOSaurus said:
deskpro2k3 said:

No further questions, judge!! LOL

34 years playing games.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Shikamo said:

Source

Those red and green colors look like a very profitable Christmas to me.

Haha lol

Pocky Lover Boy!