By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you tackle dungeons in Persona 5? *NO STORY SPOILERS*

Generally I take two days to get to secure my route, just cuz I have a bad habit of fighting every enemy I see. Really should stop doing that.

In general, I prefer wrapping up the palace as quickly as possible so I can enjoy my school life, though if someone I like texts me in between infiltration days, I might play with them instead. I do like to do the first infiltration early in case the game forces me to take a break from infiltrating (so far I've only seen that once though).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I do the same! It's the most efficient way to use your time.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

First dungeon was the only dungeon I had to do multiple revisits (not counting revisits caused by forced leaves due to story/finding the treasure.)

My main strats were:
-Stockpiled on healing items and never used auto-heal to conserve SP.
-Only used spell attacks for enemies I haven't recruited yet, otherwise I'm using physical attacks.
-Maxed out Takemi's confidant to around a certain rank so I could get the SP Adhesive item (made dungeon 4 a cakewalk for me.)
-Stockpiled on the SP drinks from vending machines.
-Only supply I needed were lockpicks, and since you can make supplies/coffee right after sending the calling card, I would do that and grab any chests I missed.

Also, there were two instances where I was rank 9 with a couple characters when a new dungeon opened up, in which case I made sure to max those out first (I know I spent a little extra time maxing out a certain orange haired nerd.)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm getting the game tomorrow myself! (That is, if Amazon pulls through with their order!) For Persona 3 and Persona 4, I usually took a few days to grind, though if you're good at time management you should be able to do it in only one day.

I did the same as you.

Around the Network

Hows this different to P4, may buy this.

I took the first day to get prepped (buy new weapons, books, etc.) and then i went as far as i could into the dungeon the next day(s) so I could use the rest of the time to focus on building relationships and social stats. The way they framed the instruction in the game about not wanting to start too late or missing out on being able to finish had me paranoid right from the start (first full Persona game for me) and I found I liked my method even with all the extra time I had.

I've always one and done'd my dungeons. I play for the story and characters, so I play to max out my social links.

For this, I'm still on the first palace. Now that i have control, the only thing I'm concerned about it having the tools to unlock things.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So to have the best possible chance for max social links, do you do dungeons as quick s possible, or delay them? Can't remember how P4 worked in that regard.

I usually entered palaces whenever I felt like going and hoped for the best