By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 3-18-17

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

PS4 numbers

3/4   : 232376  (Horizon)

3/11 : 249126 (Ghost Recon)

3/18 : 280840 (Nothing new)

That's weird.

Ps4 hardware numbers are not always correct on Vgchartz.  There's a chance they're undertracking it. 

Around the Network

Xbox is sleeping mode now .

PS4 is nailing it!!!

even though Switch is probably undersupplied and might be at #1 hardware sales otherwise, the PS4 sales are just insane for off week periods like this. Kind of shocked the numbers in US/PAL have remained so high weekly in essentially the off season, might be the peak PS4 year 

estebxx said:
Horizon doesnt seem to have had a gigantic impact on hardware sales when it came out but at least its helping PS4 keep those sales up, I was expecting Switch to take the first place since its the hot new console with a huge game but i guess those supplies constaints are the reason why its not there, still great numbers.

At this point, the PS4's sales should be pretty predictable.  Further you get into the lifespan, the less any individual game will impact sales.

mountaindewslave said:

even though Switch is probably undersupplied and might be at #1 hardware sales otherwise, the PS4 sales are just insane for off week periods like this. Kind of shocked the numbers in US/PAL have remained so high weekly in essentially the off season, might be the peak PS4 year 

Insane?  Not really.  It's in line with what it was doing last year (slightly down YOY so far I think).  In line with what the Wii was doing at this point, and a bit above what the PS3 was doing.  Sony plans on shipping less units this year, so they expect it to be down YOY, which it should be.

Around the Network

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-Switch! Hopefully it turns out be a 5m+ seller.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

JWeinCom said:
estebxx said:
Horizon doesnt seem to have had a gigantic impact on hardware sales when it came out but at least its helping PS4 keep those sales up, I was expecting Switch to take the first place since its the hot new console with a huge game but i guess those supplies constaints are the reason why its not there, still great numbers.

At this point, the PS4's sales should be pretty predictable.  Further you get into the lifespan, the less any individual game will impact sales.

mountaindewslave said:

Insane?  Not really.  It's in line with what it was doing last year (slightly down YOY so far I think).  In line with what the Wii was doing at this point, and a bit above what the PS3 was doing.  Sony plans on shipping less units this year, so they expect it to be down YOY, which it should be.

They expect it to be down, they are always conservative on their first estimates, they can easily grow those or slim it down depending how Ps4 performs this quarter. 

With that said until 31 March 2018 Ps4 will still be Outselling Ps2 which is insane, will probably keep Ps2 pace until 100m and who knows what happens next, Ps2 kept on selling forever. 

iNathan said:
JWeinCom said:

They expect it to be down, they are always conservative on their first estimates, they can easily grow those or slim it down depending how Ps4 performs this quarter. 

With that said until 31 March 2018 Ps4 will still be Outselling Ps2 which is insane, will probably keep Ps2 pace until 100m and who knows what happens next, Ps2 kept on selling forever. 

I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Sony announced 50 million PS2s shipped early in 2003.  1048 days after its launch to be precise.  For the PS4, Sony announced it 1118 days after launch.  So, by that time, PS2 already eclipsed PS4.

The PS4 was only outpacing the PS2 during its first year.  But, the PS4 was a global launch, while the PS2 wasn't.  So, the PS4 has an extra 7 months of sales in Europe and the US.   If you align the launches for the regions  its not really that close.

JWeinCom said:
iNathan said:

Sony announced 50 million PS2s shipped early in 2003.  1048 days after its launch to be precise.  For the PS4, Sony announced it 1118 days after launch.  So, by that time, PS2 already eclipsed PS4.

The PS4 was only outpacing the PS2 during its first year.  But, the PS4 was a global launch, while the PS2 wasn't.  So, the PS4 has an extra 7 months of sales in Europe and the US.   If you align the launches for the regions  its not really that close.

nope, ps4 is outpacing the ps2 still, this whole post was just you wiggling around that for whatever reason lol. this year will be ps4s peak year and it will be glorious

bluedawgs said:
JWeinCom said:

nope, ps4 is outpacing the ps2 still, this whole post was just you wiggling around that for whatever reason lol. this year will be ps4s peak year and it will be glorious

Well Sony disagrees with you.  But what to they know.  They must just be wiggling for whatever reason.  Probably Nintendo fanboys.