By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there another Nintendo Direct incoming?

KLXVER said:
Brii said:

All this sounds rather familiar... I recall a certain game being dismissed as shovelware, then taking Japan by storm.

Though to be honest, I don't think ARMS will light the world on fire like Splatoon did. I still think it will be successful and a fresh take on the genre, however, and I don't see how it could be deemed shovelware in any form. It's apparent that they're putting a lot of effort into the game as well as the marketing for it.

Nobody ever said that about Splatoon.

That's very untrue. I've been a long time lurker and I distinctly remember reading plenty of comments about how audacious it was that Nintendo was charging full price for the game and shouldn't be more then $20, how it was gimmicky shovelware, and how it should be eShop only.

Around the Network
Brii said:
KLXVER said:

Nobody ever said that about Splatoon.

That's very untrue. I've been a long time lurker and I distinctly remember reading plenty of comments about how audacious it was that Nintendo was charging full price for the game and shouldn't be more then $20, how it was gimmicky shovelware, and how it should be eShop only.

Sure, but thats not the same as shovelware. There are very few games that every gamer agree is worth 60 bucks...if any.

Hard to believe there would be any new game announcements or anything really head-turning with E3 only a month away. Yep, it's for ARMS.

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Finally! xP

Nothing wrong with that, though I am curious why you feel it's on the same level as 1-2 Switch.

Its like a more complex version of that robot boxing toy. Sure its fun for a couple of minutes, but then what? This game will never be mentioned again after about a month.

Hope you are right. I've bet on that.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3