By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there another Nintendo Direct incoming?

b00moscone said:
gabzjmm23 said:

Wii U direct then? :P

ahem

W-Well then, as long as it's neither a 3DS direct nor a Wii U direct, i'm happy!

What if it's a Direct for mobile games?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
b00moscone said:

ahem

W-Well then, as long as it's neither a 3DS direct nor a Wii U direct, i'm happy!

What if it's a Direct for mobile games?

There's no escape... T . T

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

KLXVER said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Same, that is one game I really don't want Nintendo to put too much into, I just can't see it being as big a thing as they want it to be, can always be wrong though, it has happened before :)

To me it looks like borderline shovelware. The excitement of this game makes me think the haters have a point when they say Nintendo fans will buy anything with a Nintendo logo on it...

Ha, too bad this is a sales site, where everyone can clearly see how false that idea is!

KLXVER said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Same, that is one game I really don't want Nintendo to put too much into, I just can't see it being as big a thing as they want it to be, can always be wrong though, it has happened before :)

To me it looks like borderline shovelware. The excitement of this game makes me think the haters have a point when they say Nintendo fans will buy anything with a Nintendo logo on it...

All this sounds rather familiar... I recall a certain game being dismissed as shovelware, then taking Japan by storm.

Though to be honest, I don't think ARMS will light the world on fire like Splatoon did. I still think it will be successful and a fresh take on the genre, however, and I don't see how it could be deemed shovelware in any form. It's apparent that they're putting a lot of effort into the game as well as the marketing for it.

KLXVER said:
Ganoncrotch said:

nah, Nintendo has a bunch of games that even Nintendo fans wont buy like Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Codename STEAM, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Chibi Robo: Zip Lash.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Brii said:
KLXVER said:

All this sounds rather familiar... I recall a certain game being dismissed as shovelware, then taking Japan by storm.

Though to be honest, I don't think ARMS will light the world on fire like Splatoon did. I still think it will be successful and a fresh take on the genre, however, and I don't see how it could be deemed shovelware in any form. It's apparent that they're putting a lot of effort into the game as well as the marketing for it.

Nobody ever said that about Splatoon.

KLXVER said:

^Is desperately trying to change the subject!

Einsam_Delphin said:
KLXVER said:

What are you talking about? He was the one that brought up Splatoon...

Are you drunk right now?

Im gonna say no. E3 is right around the corner, so Nintendo has needs to go big. 2014 was amazing, but then 2015 and 2016 were both meh. Now we have the Switch, we have mobile games, and we can confirm the 3DS will live on for another year. Just pile all of it into E3

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

What are you talking about? He was the one that brought up Splatoon...

Are you drunk right now?

What an absurd question, only shows you know exactly what I'm talking about. Just own up to the fact that your generalization of Nintendo fans is wrong already.