By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Its not another Wii and its not another Wii U!
It will be somewhere between them!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Its not another Wii and its not another Wii U!
It will be somewhere between them!

This seems like the most likely outcome, expecially as a hybrid platform.

Insidb said:
brute said:
Switch will probably win all months up to November. It will lose the last 2 months. I feel like XB1/Scorpio to win November and PS4 family to win December.

I think we're still a month or two away from knowing if the Switch will go the way of the Wii or the WiiU.

Maybe so. But for now that is what I am expecting.

If you feel I am wrong, which month do you expect Switch to lose and to which console?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
Insidb said:

I think we're still a month or two away from knowing if the Switch will go the way of the Wii or the WiiU.

Maybe so. But for now that is what I am expecting.

If you feel I am wrong, which month do you expect Switch to lose and to which console?

I have no idea, but I only see the PS4 as real competition.

StarDoor said:
Insidb said:

My point makes perfect sense, because we have no idea if this is sustainable.

It's sold out. The Switch may be another WiiU and have its demand fall off a cliff.

You don't know the future; get over it.

It's sold out with Nintendo shipping 250k per week, which means that demand must be higher than 250k per week. The Wii U wasn't sold out, and it was selling around 30k per week. This means that the Switch's post-launch demand is over eight times higher. The Wii U's demand had already fallen off a cliff by this time in its lifecycle. Your point is complete nonsense.

Sorry but no one actually knows how many Switchs they ship weekly or monthly lol nor is it sold out every where, look at Europe 

Preston Scott

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Insidb said:

Since it's sold out and my point about sustainability is supposedly nonsense, please tell me what the actual demand is.

Once you are able to produce that proven data, you will be right, and I will be wrong.

Until such time, I will remain correct. 

Let's suppose a group of people is at the beach. You are among them.

Something's materializing on the horizon. It looks like a big wave. Actually, it is a huge wave. A couple of people say that it is an incoming tsunami and it's time to hurry and leave the beach as fast as possible. You, however, say that nobody can be sure if it is a tsunami until the wave hits the beach. You refuse to leave, because you are convinced that nobody can know the future.

Granted, in this analogy you will lose your life while on VGC you only look like a simpleton.

Inappropriate analogy: there is no tsunami; the tide has merely flowed and has yet to ebb.

Granted, in this analogy, you can merely wait out the tide; while on VGC, you look like someone who has terrible grammar and reading comprehension skills.

It's far too early to call Switch a "Wii," but it also seems pretty certain that, at least in its early days, it's going to do far better than the Wii U. Hell, I expect it to possibly outsell the Wii U's lifetime sales this year alone. I do agree, though, that the actual demand for Switch is difficult to tell at the moment. It's definitely high, but quantifying it is difficult without any word on how much stock is actually out in the wild. Anecdotally, I bought a Switch in April at one of my local Walmarts, so there is some stock out there, it just seems very sporadic. Looking at Japan, which sold a little over 200k last month, I'd have to think Ninty would ship more systems to the US, so I'd expect it sold about 350-400k in April and will likely do a little lower in May without extra stock shipped for Mario Kart, though that's just a pure guess. 

An american's  mind is  too occupied with  Nintendo (and PS4) .

And, Actions speak louder than words.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/118065/insidb/posts/all/8/#content

Insidb when that tsunami hits.....

tbone51 said:
Insidb when that tsunami hits.....

Oh, boy: you must really be expecting NS to crash and burn somthing fierce.