By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Phillip Defranco announces crowd funded news network. New media going big time?

I will patreon...

Yes. 9 15.52%

No. 32 55.17%

Maybe. 6 10.34%

In time, YES. 3 5.17%

I have no funds :( 8 13.79%

Total:58

Curious to see how he will fare under pure crowdfunding. It's partially thanks to him that Emma and Cody got away from the Daddyofive couple.

Around the Network

I have no idea who that is, I would need some context to support.
I am strongly in favor of independent News Networks though.

Aeolus451 said:
No thanks. He purposely misleads people with clickbait titles for his videos. That just irks the shit out of me. I hope that it works out for him but I won't support him. A lot of youtubers who talk about politics are basically doing this because of youtube trying to censor them by demonetizing anything controversial or that could be considered "offensive" which is everything. By the way, Milo Yiannopoulos is also doing something like this.

I will definitely support that.

I bet it will be fabulous. ;)

Kirin_gaming said:
Aeolus451 said:
No thanks. He purposely misleads people with clickbait titles for his videos. That just irks the shit out of me. I hope that it works out for him but I won't support him. A lot of youtubers who talk about politics are basically doing this because of youtube trying to censor them by demonetizing anything controversial or that could be considered "offensive" which is everything. By the way, Milo Yiannopoulos is also doing something like this.

I will definitely support that.

I bet it will be fabulous. ;)

I will too. He's very anti-pc and he's funny. He's really good at bringing up good points while triggering people. 

Eh, no that's alright.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Sure, it'll be as factual as wikipedia until personal biases are brought up. I'll personally stick to nonfiction books or sources

This.

Phillip is only popular to young adults for his "humor" and way to tell news, but in reality he is extremely biased in a lot of his opinions (for what I have seen, truly I have only watched like 5 videos of him). 

Plus he only talks about either extremly irrelevant news or just the big news which everyone is talking about; again just from what I have seen.

He is a blogger, not a journalist.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
monocle_layton said:
Sure, it'll be as factual as wikipedia until personal biases are brought up. I'll personally stick to nonfiction books or sources

This.

Phillip is only popular to young adults for his "humor" and way to tell news, but in reality he is extremely biased in a lot of his opinions (for what I have seen, truly I have only watched like 5 videos of him). 

Plus he only talks about either extremly irrelevant news or just the big news which everyone is talking about; again just from what I have seen.

A little biased, yes. Extremely biased, nope, that would be The Young Turks & Alex Jones.

Just put my support in. I dunno if he's gonna be making a major new network (like we have any news anymore, heh), but i'm interested to see where he can go.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
osed125 said:

This.

A little biased, yes. Extremely biased, nope, that would be The Young Turks & Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is so bad that he's enjoyable to watch:

TheLegendaryWolf said:
osed125 said:

This.

They're all insufferable.