By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This generation - Best story

Out of the games I played so far, the witcher 3 but that could change as I play more games. I haven't played "Life is strange". I'll have to look at gameplay vids before I'll consider buying it.

Around the Network

Ill give it to Ori and the Blind Forest or Undertale.

Edited - Than again i forgot about Zelda..

Horizon for me, but stiff competition and I haven't played several mentioned thus far.

Anabella41Derick said:

Spambot Removed 

yeah that is also avery good game with very good story ....

Does The Last of Us count? I would guess not, but if so, I don't think there's a story even in the same league as it from Video Games. Far and away the best.

But since that originally was on PS3, I'm not sure. Nothing has blown me away like it did. Probably the first or second Witcher expansion, to be honest. RE7, Horizon would both be up there, and I'm playing Nier right now, which may end up as the best, but don't know yet.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

HZD.  But will now pull Life is strange out of my back log and check it out.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'd say Virtue's Last Reward. And I wouldn't limit it to the 8th gen. It's remarkably deep, pulling in ideas from philosophy, physics, and science fiction. It's complex, surprising, even mind-bending. The characters are layered and conflicted, the dialogue sharp, and the revelations truly shocking.

I totally agree with this. it was the most engrossed i've been in a story and it's characters in a long , long time.

dgboweniii said:

HZD.  But will now pull Life is strange out of my back log and check it out.

you should!

i play all important singleplayer-games with great story (no matter which consoles/systems, i love good story games) and the best is Persona 5 and Yakuza Zero 2017, that is sure. incridible story! with many interesting character. In both games you can cry, laugh and the dialoges are fantastic. both storys are so exciting! Especially people who never play Japanese games should try the two - if they want an exciting story with thousands of emotions.

the first two trailer of "Detroit Become Human" are exciting. my prediction: Could be the best story of west-games-developers for me in future. Or The Last of Us 2. Or Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding :) one is sure: many great story-games in future = ) This will be a great fun for all of us =)

KazumaKiryu said:
i play all important singleplayer-games with great story and the best is Persona 5 and Yakuza Zero 2017, that is sure. incridible story with many interesting character. In both games you can cry, laugh and the dialoges are fantastic. both storys are so exciting! Especially people who never play Japanese games should try the two - if they want an exciting story with thousands of emotions.

Persona 5 is my next game, gotta finish breath of the wild first!