By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This generation - Best story

This generation is being subtle in the story department, but we have some good stuff. For me, Life is Strange. This is what I want from this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRhaXfvG_0

what's yours?

Around the Network

Bloodborne.

Even though it's mostly absent, when you piece the sorry together it's a page straight out off Lovecraft.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

My answer depends a lot. What do we mean by "this generation"? Does that mean as in games that use current-gen technology (i.e. 8th generation AAA games only) or are lower-tech games (like independently-developed titles) included?

Jaicee said:
My answer depends a lot. What do we mean by "this generation"? Does that mean as in games that use current-gen technology (i.e. 8th generation AAA games only) or are lower-tech games (like independently-developed titles) included?

Nah, could be an indie game too. For example, life is strange is not a technical marvel but it's part of this generation.

You are my best story.

Around the Network

The Talos Principle. It's not the most unique story in the sense of being unique, as it uses themes and philosophies that are already subjected to plenty of other works, but it just made it click so well, and the end result is superb. The only downside I could put it is that sometimes it just had too much text to read (even though this is totally optional) in a single e-mail or file, which could get very aggravating.

But seriously, The Talos Principle. Fantastic game already, but the story is top notch.

Azuren said:

Bloodborne.

Even though it's mostly absent, when you piece the sorry together it's a page straight out off Lovecraft.

when I play soul games I'm always too busy trying to stay alive so I don't even remember most of the lore lol, too much interpretation and stuff :P

Undertale

Room 215 "Wish"

Jpcc86 said:
You are my best story.

I thought I was your best gameplay.

Wright said:

The Talos Principle. It's not the most unique story in the sense of being unique, as it uses themes and philosophies that are already subjected to plenty of other works, but it just made it click so well, and the end result is superb. The only downside I could put it is that sometimes it just had too much text to read (even though this is totally optional) in a single e-mail or file, which could get very aggravating.

But seriously, The Talos Principle. Fantastic game already, but the story is top notch.

it's in my backlog thanks for the reminder!