By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's online isn't superior to the Wii U version's.

From what I've played and seen of others playing, the online play in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is no better than it is in the original. Exactly all the lag nuances are still there, such as teleporting players, players going through item box/coin but it doesn't disappear, hitting a player (even shows hit animation) but they keep going like nothing happened, random disconnects/dropped lobbies, and so ons. So with that, I think we can put to rest the idea that paid online equals better online, because once again, it does not! It is purely a scam, one most all of us are going to pay for lel.

Around the Network

but now we get to pay for it. God bless us everyone.

I m actually getting these weird connection errors more than I did on the wiiu which is interesting. But yea, I don't like paying for online since I consider that nonsense regardless of platform. Oh well... :T Least pc will fill my multiplayer needs for the most part.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Uh, I haven't encountered ANY problems yet online or wireless play.

Einsam_Delphin said:

From what I've played and seen of others playing, the online play in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is no better than it is in the original. Exactly all the lag nuances are still there, such as teleporting players, players going through item box/coin but it doesn't disappear, hitting a player (even shows hit animation) but they keep going like nothing happened, random disconnects/dropped lobbies, and so ons. So with that, I think we can put to rest the idea that paid online equals better online, because once again, it does not! It is purely a scam, one most all of us are going to pay for lel.

I have never seen any of these on MK8 Wii U, and I've played online quite a lot.

Around the Network

lol good one

Ka-pi96 said:
Well... you're not actually paying for it yet so...
Mar1217 said:
Let's just wait to see how online will be implemented once the fee for online play will be there, cuz it still free right now.

All that's gonna happen once the fee arrives is the NES/SNES game a month and voice chat if it isn't already implented by then. They never said online play would improve only once the fee comes out, cause really that doesn't make much sense. Why waste resources on an online infastructure you're not gonna use for more than half a year?

Dulfite said:
Uh, I haven't encountered ANY problems yet online or wireless play.
Flilix said:

I have never seen any of these on MK8 Wii U, and I've played online quite a lot.

I hope yal aren't implying that these issues don't exist.

RolStoppable said:
As far as I know, Nintendo's to-be-paid online service doesn't launch until summer, so the free trial period hasn't started yet.

That's not to say that you are wrong in saying that paid online isn't better online. Subscriptions exist because companies can get away with it. Consoles are closed ecosystems. Gamers are already paying for servers with the purchase of online-enabled games, but they are getting charged a second time just because.
Ka-pi96 said:

Well it would mean they could advertise it as "new and improved" when they start asking for money for it.

Here's the full deets:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/12/14057166/nintendo-switch-paid-online-service

So the online play we have right now is the free trial, thus the quality of it wont be any different once it's time to pay for it.

Mar1217 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I hope yal aren't implying that these issues don't exist.

They definitely do exist but I don't think it is as widespread as you make it seems like. 

Seeing how I never even mentioned how often they occur, please do tell how I make it seem like that.