By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK8Deluxe (is-currently-the-best-selling-game-of-2017-on-amazon)

This is what happen when there is a fanbase starving for games. That is why I double dip on the last of us and grand theft auto 5 when they launched on ps4. There werent a lot of games to look at when they launched.

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
Wait, didn't botw have like 100% attach rate in US? How can this sell more? Did amazon have low stock on zelda?

BotW released alongside the Switch and for some, it was easier to come across a copy of the game than it was to get a hold of a Switch thus +100% attach rate was possible.

At least I think that's how the math works for the +100% attach rate figure.

AnthonyW86 said:
Dissapointing, was hoping enough people would hold out on buying untill they lowered the price to an acceptable level. Switch owners can probably expect more overpriced ports now.

Don't get me wrong i don't mind ports of great games, but this is unacceptable especially towards those fans that supported the Wii-U and already own this game.

The original game was $72 with all the DLC. This is $50 with all of the DLC and an extra battle mode. Do I wish there was an exchange for Wii U owners? Sure, but the price isn't unacceptable for what you're getting. Even 3 years later.

We had a Mario Kart party yesterday and the battle mode alone is so good that I'm extremely satisfied with the game. Shine Thief is crazy. Glad the game is doing great. I didn't care about the Wii U generation Nintendo, but they got their act together.

Horizon: Look at my amazing sales
Zelda: Hold my beer
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Not so fast m8
Scalebound: I wish I existed :(

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Gourmet said:
Wait, didn't botw have like 100% attach rate in US? How can this sell more? Did amazon have low stock on zelda?

Because there are now more Switch owners then there were at end of March.

Mar1217 said:
Who would ever want to buy an upgraded game we already got on the WiiU anyway ?!

Me: *Raises hand*

Yeah, I think it's the concept of the Switch that makes it so appealing to buy games for it, even if you already own, just knowing you can play it anywhere and with anyone if you meet other Switch owners with the same game out there.

But yeah, it is good that MK8 is given new wings to possibly take better flight on a potentially more successful system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

So will we have a attach rate prediction thread? 150 copies of MK8D per Switch sold. This shall be the new ET of games except people will just eat their toxic tasting copies instead of burying them in a desert.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Gourmet said:

Well, people bought Zelda in anticipation of buying a Switch later on since the system is hard to find.

MK8D selling more is probably a combination of bigger userbase than end of March + likely the same thing happening again. The system is still selling out, so people are getting the game and try to get the system as soon as they can.

Good launch, despite it being a port too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]