By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation profit $1.2 Billion, highest since 1998

Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes and the PS5 wont be a PS3 that burns out all that money, but instead i hope the PS5 is to the PS4 what the PS2 was to the PS1.

And just to be clear, NO i dont expect the PS5 or any console to sell like the PS2 im talking about many other things not just sales when i say that.

Around the Network
Seventizz said:
I'd be worried about Sony since most of their other divisions are tanking...badly. One division can't keep 9 failing ones up forever. Something's gonna give.

It's not just one division... Financial Services did even better than PlayStation and I think their other divisons are doing better then you think, only two took really major losses, they definitely don't have 9 failing divisions. There's certainly no need to be worried about Sony now this is the best they've been in years. Here's all the Divisions ordered by profit.

Financial Services : $1.48 Billion
Game & Network Services : $1.21 Billion
Music : $677 Million
Home Entertainment & Sound : $522 Million
Imaging Products & Solutions : $422 Million
Semiconductors : -$70 Million
Mobile Communications : -$91 Million
Components : -$540 Million
Pictures : -$719 Million

edit: wrong thread LOL

I remember days on here in 2008 2009 users clamouring for Sony to fall Ha Ha

How things have changed... Well done Sony, The PS4 is awesome 

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

I wonder what console they are playing now.

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
Turkish said:

Dayum making more $ than the PS2 years.

to be fair, Sony actually was not in a great financial position AT ALL during the PS2 era and was also pretty inefficient in terms of profit margins where their game division was concerned (despite the PS2 doing so well). just to put into perspective- Nintendo with the Gamecube/GBA profited more than Sony with the PS2 (the best selling home console of all time)

Yeah Sony didnmt make the best transition to the 21st century, their domination with CRTs over, letting Apple take over with Itunes and Ipods, then the PS3 etc. Are you sure that Nintendo made more profit than PS2?

Seventizz said:
I'd be worried about Sony since most of their other divisions are tanking...badly. One division can't keep 9 failing ones up forever. Something's gonna give.

Are you stuck in 2011? Some people thought Sony was not gonna be around in 5 years lol, but seriously. This has to be a running joke now right? Only reason why you would repeat an incorrect mistaken belief that was never true.

Seventizz said:

What? Lmao worst post i´ve ever seen in this forum, keep it up :D

Congrats to Sony. Good time to be a playstation gamer.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Skeeuk said:

I wonder what console they are playing now.

I don't know coz many of the old timers have stopped using VG even I do t use that much although I check in every now and then. VGchartz 1.0 white themed website was the best imo 👍 

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I've never been happier to be PlayStation gamer myself, so I say congrats to Sony on a job well done!