By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop: Nintendo Switch Selling out in hours not days (Mario Kart Launch info)

So happy for Nintendo

They'll do really well this gen with Switch and its games and services. Perfect time to buy stocks

Around the Network

5-6m Switches sold by the end of June?

routsounmanman said:
This time Nintendo has a good idea, WITH a great execution. It's not about price or games too much, it's about perceived value.

I cannot even fathom the sales charts when a Pokemon game is announced.

Quite true. Price-cut chanters should read this (although I still doubt they'd admit it's truly not needed.)

The faster they can get to 10 million the better. While some third parties won't care I think there are some right now who are going "oh shit" and scrambling to get started on Switch projects (ahem, Capcom).

NintendoPie said:
routsounmanman said:
This time Nintendo has a good idea, WITH a great execution. It's not about price or games too much, it's about perceived value.

I cannot even fathom the sales charts when a Pokemon game is announced.

Quite true. Price-cut chanters should read this (although I still doubt they'd admit it's truly not needed.)

Price was a huge concern for me with regards to how successful it would be prior to launch.  Now though?  Not so much.  The staggered big releases (albeit a month here and there in a launch window) has clearly been working, as has the marketing strategy.  It is great to see.  I personally can't wait to get my Switch when Mario Od drops.

Around the Network

Unbelievable. Well done. I need to play with this to understand what the fuzz is all about. Cannot be only gadgetery.

Neodegenerate said:
NintendoPie said:

Price was a huge concern for me with regards to how successful it would be prior to launch.  Now though?  Not so much.  The staggered big releases (albeit a month here and there in a launch window) has clearly been working, as has the marketing strategy.  It is great to see.  I personally can't wait to get my Switch when Mario Od drops.

Price doesn't matter as much when aiming for adult men. They have lots of disposable income. You just have to give them a product they want and market it well. Price would be an issue if Nintendo had made something that was primarily aimed at kids. 

Soundwave said:
Neodegenerate said:

Price doesn't matter as much when aiming for adult men. They have lots of disposable income. You just have to give them a product they want and market it well. Price would be an issue if Nintendo had made something that was primarily aimed at kids. 

Thus the marketing strategy paying off.  They have done well, better than I was giving them credit for prior to the data we have now.

I believe the announcements at E3 will exacerbate the situation.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

This holidays are gonna be epic