By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces New 2DS XL

I was expecting a joke thread tbh lol. that's weird, I guess Nintendo isn't done with the 3ds/2ds. I thought the 2ds was a failure though (maybe I'm wrong)

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
onionberry said:

this one has the processing power of the new 3ds, a bigger screen it's cheaper than the new 3ds kinda and cute.

I'm not so sure "cute" is a selling point for the majority of grown men... 

this isn't targeted at kids. Think about it, why the hell would they release a budget 3DS when the switch is out? 

So I wonder exactly how much more software they have planned for the 3ds. I mean if they were just gonna let it die this year/next year, they surely wouldn't bring out a revision of the 2ds... So I wonder if the 3ds will continue to get major games until the end of 2019

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That sucks they took the kid eye hurting 3D out. I loved that Devil's slider that parents locked out. It was like the don't press this button or else.. but you go ahead and press it anyways.

I'll probably get the Team Instinct one. Gonna attract the hot nerds at conventions. Streetpass lives on!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Looks pretty cool. I'd be more apt to buy a Switch for sure though. The black and blue one is my fav.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I never upgraded to the 3DS XL nor the New 3DS, still have the good old launch design.

This is very tempting for me actually, if Nintendo announces more games I'm interested in, this will be worth it. Only title I'm looking forward as of now is Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia

Nintendo and PC gamer

Captain_Yuri said:

So I wonder exactly how much more software they have planned for the 3ds. I mean if they were just gonna let it die this year/next year, they surely wouldn't bring out a revision of the 2ds... So I wonder if the 3ds will continue to get major games until the end of 2019

I don't think it is that planned out. Nintendo is just throwing all of their cards out there, and seeing what sticks. This isn't really unprecedented. 

The GBA Micro released in September 19th, 2005 in North America, well after the NDS's release in November 2004. 

Like I said 6th 3DS model in 6 years.

It's fine IMO. Keep the 3DS focused on kids, Switch can focus on older gamers with more disposable income.

So..... Uhm.... I kind of want one. Last Handheld I owned was the GBA SP 14 years ago. this is the 3DS without the 3D cheap though which I never really cared for. I wonder if new games will still be coming out

This just seems kinda random. I do think the 2DS should have been the clamshell design to begin with, though.