By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Rise and Fall of Command & Conquer

Nogamez said:

Fair enough each to there own, I've never actually played SCII, might check it out actually 

If you do, i'd suggest going for the complete pack, as SCII came out with Wings of Liberty back in 2010, Heart of the Swarm expansion in 2013 and legacy of the Void in 2015.

All 3 are story rich and Legacy even features john de lancie (Star Trek, MLP etc).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

C&C was a good series, but I always liked Westwood's own and genre-defining Dune II (predecessor of C&C), Blizzard's WarCraft 1-3 and Ensemble's AoE I&II more than any of the C&C games.

C&C Red Alert, along with Diablo & Warcraft were like the high points of PC gaming for me. And someone just mentioned Dune, I remember struggling with that game on the Genesis - so good, but using a D-pad instead of a mouse sucked harder than anything.

It all went downhill with Generals. Good riddance I say.

Now where is my Warlords Battlecry 4 again?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yeah the good old Westwood days!
I recently bought the boxed PC game of C&C1 on ebay, just for memorys sake. Loved that game.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

I've never played any of the C&C games, though I'd like the play the first one. I really like this song:

U wouldnt like it.  No asien/manga chicks, buster swords or other BS. Just good old western policy parody.

Besides its an Real-time strategy game with lot of thinking!

Too many Chazore.

"The C&C franchise, along with Warcraft and Starcraft, shaped the identity of RTS games during the '90s"

I find the lack of AoE in this sentence disturbing.

Barozi said:
"The C&C franchise, along with Warcraft and Starcraft, shaped the identity of RTS games during the '90s"

I find the lack of AoE in this sentence disturbing.

Yeah starcraft game very late in th 90s really, AoE were top of the RTS class

vivster said:
It all went downhill with Generals. Good riddance I say.

Now where is my Warlords Battlecry 4 again?

After Generals perhaps, but Generals itself was a great game .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.