By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo shipped 2.74m Switch units, 5.46m sowtware, targeting 10m Switch units for FY 2017.

JRPGfan said:
Louie said:
Almost 3m Switch units is more than most people expected. Very good launch!

Its less than the Xbox One (~3m) and PS4 (~4.5m shipped, ~4.2m sold in) (nrs I saw on neogaf), did first month of sales.

However considering it launched in March, thats pretty damn good.

Actually those numbers were for November and December for XB1 and PS4, basically whole holiday season.

Around the Network

Should be able to reach 10M, probably a bit more if there is no stock issue and the momentum stays high

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Lawlight said:
Mystro-Sama said:
When is it coming back in stock on Amazon. Thats what I want to know.

It is already in stock on Amazon.

Only for prime members.... i wonder if we'll have another wii like situation in terms of supply and demand. I remember it took a long time for the wii to reach equilibrium 

Maynard.Tool said:
Lawlight said:

Only for prime members.... i wonder if we'll have another wii like situation in terms of supply and demand. I remember it took a long time for the wii to reach equilibrium 

Now gone :'(

JRPGfan said:
Louie said:
Almost 3m Switch units is more than most people expected. Very good launch!

Its less than the Xbox One (~3m) and PS4 (~4.5m shipped, ~4.2m sold in) (nrs I saw on neogaf), did first month of sales.

You got it wrong, the 4.2m sold in/4.5m shipped is the number by december 31th, that's two months of sales, ps4 released on november 15th.

A bit of research would be appreciated, ps4 sold in 2.1 million units in it's first month.

source: https://www.cnet.com/news/global-playstation-4-sales-reach-2-1-million-units/

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
JRPGfan said:

Actually those numbers were for November and December for XB1 and PS4, basically whole holiday season.

Yeah its more 42-45 days then 28 days of the switch so who knows with two weeks more the switch is more than xbone and of course not better than ps4 but much closer.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

nero said:
Maynard.Tool said:

Now gone :'(

Holy crap, it is gone! I checked 30 min ago and it was available. Damn, demand is really high then! No doubt nintendo is back at it again, will it be another wii like success? 

No one got comparisons to other Nintendo systems?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

vivster said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Nintendo should go 3rd party tho right?

Nintendo going 3rd party is not for them, it's for consumers.

Monopolies are never good for consumers. If Nintendo and MS both went 3rd party like Sony fans want then we would get with no remorse these $600+ consoles.

Then you consider competition. Competitiveness always is good for a market. There are a ton of things consoles have added to make themselves more appealing than anothers. Whether this is achievements, voice chat, motion gaming, vr, ect. The good things stick and others copy, trophies, ect.

If no competition you would get just an upgraded graphics card each time and pay out the wazoo for it.

And as others have mentioned to you, 3rd party has never made games better. Then look at when other companies buy developers, that works even less.

zorg1000 said:
vivster said:

I think they're quite happy that they can now enjoy SEGA games on all kinds of devices and don't have to buy an outdated piece of plastic every 5 years that only plays a fraction of the games they want to play.

When Sega went 3rd party you had to own PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA & PC in order to get have access to their full software output. I dont see how thats gppd for consumers.

Yep, until there is a monopoly, which no one wants, its annoying when a game gets released on one system or another. You know the fun "EXCLUSIVE"

Or how about the even worse Console bonus, pre-order bonus, store-bonus, ect. Basically no way of getting the 100% complete game ever because something is exclusive to one system or another for some reason.

Lawlight said:
Mystro-Sama said:
When is it coming back in stock on Amazon. Thats what I want to know.

From retailers. I'm not paying scalper prices for one.