By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo shipped 2.74m Switch units, 5.46m sowtware, targeting 10m Switch units for FY 2017.

Wow. Very good launch numbers for Switch and Zelda! So at lest the reports of Nintendo upping their launch shipment where legit.
And at lest in Japan it's not slowing down at all.

10m by end of fy 2017 seems a bit on the low side, though. I'd have thought more along the lines of 12m.

Around the Network

Planning on shipping 10m units this fiscal year? There goes a ton of overblown predictions.

Barkley said:
Planning on shipping 10m units this fiscal year? There goes a ton of overblown predictions.

Just like them saying they were planning to ship 2m units in March limited its sales to 2m...right?

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

b00moscone said:
Barkley said:

Just like them saying they were planning to ship 2m units in March limited its sales to 2m...right?

You'd imagine post-launch predictions of future success would be easier to nail down then the 2m forecast they made for launch even before their pre-launch events.

But yes I'd imagine a forecast of 12.74m shipped by the end of March 2018 heavily indicates people predicting 15m+ (or even 17.5m) sold to consumers are reaching too high.

Barkley said:
b00moscone said:

You'd imagine post-launch predictions of future success would be easier to nail down then the 2m forecast they made for launch even before their pre-launch events.

But yes I'd imagine a forecast of 12.74m shipped by the end of March 2018 heavily indicates people predicting 15m+ (or even 17.5m) sold to consumers are reaching too high.

Well, i wasn't pointing it out in-defence of those people eho predicted those numbers, rather that they're willing to ship more if the demand is there, as they clearly did in March, so in theory it can do the numbers of those predicted. I do however think they will probably end up at around 12-13m, though, you never know

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
Barkley said:
b00moscone said:

Well after failed Wii U and 3DS predictions, they are definitely more careful for their predictions and going for lower estimates. In any case around 13m after 13 months on market would be great start.

Wyrdness said:
So by the end of this month which is only a few days so it may have already happened it most likely would have sold more in 2 months then its predecessor sold in 12.

How much exactly Wii U had sales in its 1st year?

Barkley said:

Nah, happend all the time during the Wii and DS years. If sales stay high they'll increase their prediction to 11m next quarter. Then 12m the quarter after that... 

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

Well after failed Wii U and 3DS predictions, they are definitely more careful for their predictions and going for lower estimates. In any case around 13m after 13 months on market would be great start.

Wyrdness said:
So by the end of this month which is only a few days so it may have already happened it most likely would have sold more in 2 months then its predecessor sold in 12.

First 12 months had about 3.8m sold for Wii U.

Mystro-Sama said:
When is it coming back in stock on Amazon. Thats what I want to know.

It is already in stock on Amazon.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

First 12 months had about 3.8m sold for Wii U.

3.91M in the first 11 months.