By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 17th - 23rd 2017

From gaf

am busy with paid work all evening but some digital numbers:-
Monster Hunter XX - 82,818
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 33,500
1-2 Switch - 5,817
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) 6,700
Super Bomberman R - 3,822
Snipperclips - 39,726 (+ 10,062 download cards)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 - 1,305
Puyo Puyo Tetris S - 1,482

This puts zelda at 540k in japan. 460k tp go.

Also 3ds is down YoY. Dont forget that extra 100k 2ds shipment for feb

Around the Network

Looks like Switch is going for 90-100k next week.

Nice FE Echoes numbers, with the 3DS and Switch having strong numbers

Next week is MK8 Deluxe launch week , so there should be a boost with the Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

PS4 sales are not bad but the PS4 pro should be doing better. I want all systems to do well although i'm a PC and nintendo fan.

Platina said:
Nice FE Echoes numbers, with the 3DS and Switch having strong numbers

Next week is MK8 Deluxe launch week , so there should be a boost with the Switch

Unfortunately we won't know cause next mc will be may 10th.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
vivster said:
Mummelmann said:
Switch dominating Japan as expected. I'm much more excited to see EU and NA figures, too bad they're so hard to come by.

You'd need some kind of tracking website for that.

Touche!

I prefer ones that overtrack the PS4 by 40-50% in Q1 2016 for sure though.

Kyuu said:

Form factor plays a big role in Nintendo's success with the Switch, Wii U's failure versus 3DS' success is self explanatory, but Splatoon and other Nintendo IPs also play an obvious role. Sony on other hand takes forever to make a single relatively low budget Japanese game. They'd rather invest on crap like Knack 2 over reconstructing their studios meaningfully. I remember Shuhei Yoshida commenting once on The Last Guardian costing less, in the span of about 10 years, than the average Naughty Dog game. This speaks volumes of how little care goes to their homeland studios.

That's quite eye-opening, but also not surprising. Sony relies heavily on third-party support in the West, and it works. However, they only got a lot of niche third-parties for the Vita in Japan and even still that got beat up by the 3DS. The PS4 is a conventional console supported by Western ideas in a handheld-land that's still very self-centric, doesn't work quite well.

xl-klaudkil said:
Great sales for switch.

Ps4 in a serious decline and pretty much down yoy and in deep trouble to be relevant.

Needs games and a price cut.

I don't think so. It's not selling good, but not bad either. This is not the best time for sales and PS4 will receive some big games this year. I'm pretty sure it will continue to do well in Japan. It will never do Nintendo like numbers, but it doesn't mean it's bad. 

-----------------

I'm impressed with Switch. I thought the week before MK8D would have a drop in sales, but this actually shows the system is still supply constrained. Provided Nintendo sends more units next week for Mario Kart and the Golden Week, I think it can even reach 100k.

Btw, it's nice to see Fire Emblem flopping. I mean, all 3DS games are flopping, so maybe Nintendo will get the message and 100% focus on Switch from E3 on.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PS4 sales are actually disappointing only because its been so much up yoy so far. It would have been nice if it kept up the momentum, but I guess people will wait for DQXI.

tbone51 said:
From gaf

am busy with paid work all evening but some digital numbers:-
Monster Hunter XX - 82,818
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 33,500
1-2 Switch - 5,817
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) 6,700
Super Bomberman R - 3,822
Snipperclips - 39,726 (+ 10,062 download cards)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 - 1,305
Puyo Puyo Tetris S - 1,482

This puts zelda at 540k in japan. 460k tp go.

Also 3ds is down YoY. Dont forget that extra 100k 2ds shipment for feb

Yeah that's what I thought too

Also, nice numbers for Snipperclips