By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake For Switch To Be Shown At E3

JEMC said:
Well, we've seen stranger things happening, so we can't completely rule it out.

That said, having the game at E3 on Nintendo's conference/Direct is very, very unlikely.

- Harro Fat American at E3. I'm Mr. So And So From Square-Enix. We are pleased to bring Final Fantasy VII Classic to Nintendo Switch (shows footage of original FF7 running on Switch). For the first time, Nintendo players will be able to experience the classic RPG with Swith's unique home and portable play. We even have added HD Rumble when Cloud gets excited. And we've even sprinkled a bunch of Amiibo bonus shit all over the game. We are pleased to say this will be available today ... for $69.99. 

- I am also pleased today to announce that Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for Nintendo Switch. Please stay tuned for more details on this project in the future. Who are we kidding, Switch 2 will be out by the time it's ready, but preaze. Be excited. 

- Now back to you Weggie. 

- Thanks Mr. So and So from Square-Enix, boy I sure am excited to feel Cloud's boner for Aeries with the power of HD Rumble. 

Doesn't seem very unlikely to me. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
JEMC said:
Well, we've seen stranger things happening, so we can't completely rule it out.

That said, having the game at E3 on Nintendo's conference/Direct is very, very unlikely.

- Harro Fat American at E3. I'm Mr. So And So From Square-Enix. We are pleased to bring Final Fantasy VII Classic to Nintendo Switch (shows footage of original FF7 running on Switch). For the first time, Nintendo players will be able to experience the classic RPG with Swith's unique home and portable play. And we've even sprinkled a bunch of Amiibo bonus shit all over the game. We are pleased to say this will be available today ... for $69.99. 

- I am also pleased today to announce that Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for Nintendo Switch. Please stay tuned for more details on this project in the future. Who are we kidding, Switch 2 will be out by the time it's ready, but preaze. Be excited. 

- Now back to you Weggie. 

Doesn't seem very unlikely to me. 

But you're not me.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Miyamotoo said:
Pinkie_pie said:
So instead of working hard to get the game out for the ps4 some time next year, they are now also working on the switch version and delay the game even further? I can say that ain't happening and therefore there will be no footage of switch version until the ps4 version is finished.

Second team can work on Switch port regardless PS4 version and without effect on PS4 version, and ofcourse PS4 version of game will be 1st release

it doesnt make sense having people working on a switch version while the ps4 version isnt finished. its best to work hard and get the ps4 version done first then they can start thinking of porting it to the switch. why waste more time by having a second team working on a switch version now when the game isnt near finished and its a ps4 timed exclusive?

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

Second team can work on Switch port regardless PS4 version and without effect on PS4 version, and ofcourse PS4 version of game will be 1st release

it doesnt make sense having people working on a switch version while the ps4 version isnt finished. its best to work hard and get the ps4 version done first then they can start thinking of porting it to the switch. why waste more time by having a second team working on a switch version now when the game isnt near finished and its a ps4 timed exclusive?

Who knows what the timed exclusive window is. It could be 3 months. You need to have product to sell, Switch is red hot and is going to crush the PS4 in Japan. It warrants being taken seriously by Japanese devs as much as you might not like it. 

This is the Nintendo system that is far more ideal for third parties than any other -- it has portability which is where Nintendo's larger audience is, it isn't an overly casual/gimmick centric system, while the power isn't high it's not nearly as lop-sided as Wii to PS3/360 or 3DS to well anything else was. You can reasonably have versions of game franchises on it that weren't even remotely doable in the past. 

Hell, not only FF7R ... Kingdom Hearts 3 should also be in strong consideration for Switch as well, if not full on development as well. 

Soundwave said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Who knows what the timed exclusive window is. It could be 3 months. You need to have product to sell, Switch is red hot and is going to crush the PS4 in Japan. It warrants being taken seriously by Japanese devs as much as you might not like it. 

This is the Nintendo system that is far more ideal for third parties than any other -- it has portability which is where Nintendo's larger audience is, it isn't an overly casual/gimmick centric system, while the power isn't high it's not nearly as lop-sided as Wii to PS3/360 or 3DS to well anything else was. You can reasonably have versions of game franchises on it that weren't even remotely doable in the past. 

Hell, not only FF7R ... Kingdom Hearts 3 should also be in strong consideration for Switch as well, if not full on development as well. 

we will just wait and see. im highly doubtful there would be a switch version of ff7 remake or even kingdom hearts 3. im just glad i have a ps4 so i wont be missing out on any of the square enix AAA games.

Around the Network

I find the Remake very unlikely.

Maybe the original re-release...

Tbh the way the Switch is performing I can see most Japanese games in future releasing on it, factor in that 3DS and Vita owners are likely to migrate over to NS in Japan and that's around 30m potential consumers in their homeland alone. For Japanese developers that is far too much to ignore in their own backyard no matter what argument is put forward as that type of userbase in Japan hasn't been around for any console level platform since the PS2.

Entropio said:
I find the Remake very unlikely.

Maybe the original re-release...

It runs on Unreal Engine 4 which runs great on Switch, they're already making their own big RPG game the Unreal Engine 4 based DQXI for Switch (in fact they were so anxious to announce this they announced it before the system even was a thing, lol), their president just came out about 10 days ago and said he wants more Switch content, more ports to Switch, the system is selling great everywhere to boot. 

This is like a girl saying "I want you take me home and I'd be interested in hooking up with you", and the guy turning sheepishly to his buddies saying "I'm not sure if she likes me guys". 

It was confirmed a couple of weeks ago that there are currently 20 Unreal Engine 4 Switch games in development in Japan, and the only confirmed Japanese Switch games using Unreal Engine 4 are Bloodstained and Shin Megami Tensei. It's probable that the Unreal 4 version of Dragon Quest XI is being downscaled for Switch, too.

Given that Square Enix have also said that they plan to give a lot of support to Switch, and are in the process of developing ports for the system, Final Fantasy 7 Remake - an Unreal Engine 4 game - is well within the realm of possibility. Scaling down the game for Switch (as Square Enix are probably doing with Dragon Quest XI) would be feasible, and the combination of so many unknown UE4 games coming to Switch from Japan plus SE's public support for the system makes this a decent proposition.

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:

I does make sense, bigger team doesn't always mean faster development, you dont wast any time with second team that works on other platform.