By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake For Switch To Be Shown At E3

twintail said:

Depends on the IP.

Depends on Asian reaction to Switch. If Asian Switch sales are okish and even only at 3DS levels, then there is less incentive to release Switch games. If the lack of Asian software sales means that JPN sales alone are not good enough (based on expecations), then they wont bother with Switch.

What you posted here doesn't make much sense tbh as for one we already know so far the JPN response to NS has been highly positive and 3DS levels are the highest sales in the asian region as well. 

Around the Network

Tabata confessed in an interview that FFXV wouldn't run on the Switch, so why would FFVIIR? It uses the same engine and looks the same if not better than XV.
Also, SE wouldn't want to show such a downgraded version to the public when they can show the PS4 version.

HintHRO said:
Tabata confessed in an interview that FFXV wouldn't run on the Switch, so why would FFVIIR? It uses the same engine and looks the same if not better than XV.
Also, SE wouldn't want to show such a downgraded version to the public when they can show the PS4 version.

No it doesn't it uses UE4 while XV used Luminous, it also doesn't look better then XV either.

Wouldn't be surprised if it would, ffvii remake is not exclusive, but don't know if it could be the same version

If it's true then I would suspect it's a decision that was made recently in light of the Switch's success. If they show i at E3 I don't expect to see any footage from the Switch build.

From what we know it could happen somewhere down the line. It shouldn't be too difficult to downgrade an Unreal game for the Switch, and both Square and Nintendo would love the publicity of FF7 finally being released in some form on a Nintendo system. I just have my doubts that it's been worked on for more than a couple of months if it's been worked on at all.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Turkish said:
Biggest Switch card size is 32GB apparently, I dont think FF7R will fit on that, I expect it's gonna max out the 50GB of the Bluray.

Its not impossible though, we may see 1 year exclusivity on the PS4 and then SE releases it on as many platforms as possible. I also think FF7R Part 1 is gonna be a cross platform title with PS5, just to have the complete package on that system.

Switch carts probably use compression. I thought it was being released in episodes as well.

Eitherway Switch would be a good fit for anything Final Fantasy given Japan.

Blurays also use compression, in fact many games are beyond 50GB now. I dont think they have much room on the Switch due to the limited on-board storage.

These episodes are gonna be more like full games on themselves. Japan is not a big country for FF anymore, barely 1/6th of XV's sales came from Japan. We'll see though how they translate DQXI to the system, it's also UE4.

Hiku said:
Wyrdness said:

What you posted here doesn't make much sense tbh as for one we already know so far the JPN response to NS has been highly positive and 3DS levels are the highest sales in the asian region as well. 

Until we see indications of how sales will turn out once they've started to saturate the WiiU userbase, I think publishers will remain cautiously optimistic.
Nintendo have not yet made a push for the Switch to replace the 3DS, and even without the big droughts for games on WiiU, initial Switch sales shouldn't come as a big surprise. I for one always said I expect Switch to be sold out for months, but that information alone will not give me a proper indication if it will end up at only 20m lifetime sales, or 60 million, etc. That won't start to become apparent for a while longer.

Yet developers can't afford to be on the wall in this regards because the non p[ortable market is so small in Japan at this point that waiting is costly and they'll be left behind once the ship sales, every known 3DS game is out this year indicating 2018 is when it's put to rest while Switch plans for 2018 already include a mainstay IP in Fire Emblem and going by the recruitment drive at Game Freak Pokemon as well. You may have expected it but I assure you not many people did before launch.

As far as I know, the GPU in Switch, Tegra X1 is very similar to this VGA, it capable to run many games, not just Fallout 4 though

Only the CPU is what slow down the Switch

Possiblity is gamers can get a downgrade version of VII remake on the Switch

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Turkish said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Switch carts probably use compression. I thought it was being released in episodes as well.

Eitherway Switch would be a good fit for anything Final Fantasy given Japan.

Blurays also use compression, in fact many games are beyond 50GB now. I dont think they have much room on the Switch due to the limited on-board storage.

These episodes are gonna be more like full games on themselves. Japan is not a big country for FF anymore, barely 1/6th of XV's sales came from Japan. We'll see though how they translate DQXI to the system, it's also UE4.

Because rarely some game now uses compression with Blu Rays, they could compress them lot and game could be much more smaller, but they dont need to that with bluray.

Hiku said:
Soundwave said:

It runs on Unreal Engine 4 which runs great on Switch, they're already making their own big RPG game the Unreal Engine 4 based DQXI for Switch (in fact they were so anxious to announce this they announced it before the system even was a thing, lol), their president just came out about 10 days ago and said he wants more Switch content, more ports to Switch, the system is selling great everywhere to boot. 

This is like a girl saying "I want you take me home and I'd be interested in hooking up with you", and the guy turning sheepishly to his buddies saying "I'm not sure if she likes me guys". 

This means close to 0 if the hardware can't handle the game. My Intel Core i5 processor and EVGA Geforce graphics card are perfectly compatible with Unreal Engine 4 as well. Except most modern UE4 games run like complete garbage and are pretty much unplayable on my rig even at the lowest settings. Because my specs are not up to par. I need more RAM, etc.
There's a difference between UE4 games and UE4 games. You can make them as demanding as you want, and scaling them down after the fact won't resolve the problems that can occur when riunning the games on a lower hardware than you originally had in mind when designing the game.

WiiU could handle Unreal Engine 3 as well, but the only UE3 games it got were Gen 7 ports, and Mighty No 9.

Well we had last week official news that more than 20 Japanese UE4 games are in development for Switch.

Hiku said:
shenlong213 said:

As far as I know, the GPU in Switch, Tegra X1 is very similar to this VGA, it capable to run many games, not just Fallout 4 though

Only the CPU is what slow down the Switch

Possiblity is gamers can get a downgrade version of VII remake on the Switch

Both the CPU and GPU in Switch have intentionally been clocked down by Nintendo.

"As things stand, CPU clocks are halved compared to the standard Tegra X1, but it’s the GPU aspect of the equation that will prove more controversial. Even while docked, Switch doesn’t run at Tegra X1’s full potential. Clock-speeds are locked here at 768MHz, considerably lower than the 1GHz found in Shield Android TV."

"But the big surprise from our perspective was the extent to which Nintendo has down-clocked the GPU to hit its thermal and battery life targets. That’s not a typo: it really is 307.2MHz – meaning that in portable mode, Switch runs at exactly 40 per cent of the clock-speed of the fully docked device. And yes, the table below does indeed confirm that developers can choose to hobble Switch performance when plugged in to match the handheld profile should they so choose."

Leak from their source, and when it come to leaks it always 50-50

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213