By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 90s stuff you miss the most?

Being a Kid.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Another thing from the 90s that I miss: Sister series to Power Rangers.

Say what you will about VR Troopers and Beetleborgs, but they were fun ways to bring non-Super Sentai heroes from Japan to the West. The only real reason those shows ended was because Saban ran out of stock footage. -_-

*theme song plays in head*

We Are... V R.... troopers supreme, virtual reality....

Paperboy_J said:
aikohualda said:

Ugn, not the toys.  That's the one thing I DON'T miss from the '90s.  Those things never worked right.  At least not as well as advertised.  I think kids actually have it better now with their high-tech toys that actually work..:p

TRICKY WORM SAYS HI :p

Metallica and the N64

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

JRPGfan said:
CaptainExplosion said:
Another thing from the 90s that I miss: Sister series to Power Rangers.

Say what you will about VR Troopers and Beetleborgs, but they were fun ways to bring non-Super Sentai heroes from Japan to the West. The only real reason those shows ended was because Saban ran out of stock footage. -_-

*theme song plays in head*

We Are... V R.... troopers supreme, virtual reality....

Now you got that in my head.

Around the Network

Pogs, (me and my buds were huge collectors). I also miss comic books and the fact that you could buy them anywhere, from any news stand (not just comic books shops like today). I also miss how they were made from the cheap stuff that didn't leave a glare on the page.

Also I think the stories were better and more contained. Back then, you could buy a single comic book and be entertained for an afternoon. Nowadays you can't buy just one, you have to buy the whole series just to understand what the hell is going on.

Bullfrog
Westwood
Pandemic
Lucasarts
Pogs
Non baked crisps
90's clothing
Lack of care for console wars

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

What I'm about to talk about could very well only be relegated to Canada but, screw it, we'll do it live.

I miss the "raw" that the 90s was. Everything was in your face. Most of all "you were there"

YTV (Canada's nickelodeon's equivalent) had a bunch of hosts in between T.V. shows after school and Saturday morning. One thing they did was talk to us. They'd always let us in on their conversations with the other hosts. No need for Twitter. They talked to the camera as if they were talking to us. PJ Phil, you were a guidance to us all.

Much Music (MTV's superior) had bands in whenever they were in town, they were always on a couch doing an interview interacting with the crowd. Like, they would open up the windows and let the crowd in.

City TV was always showing uncut movies after 9. They also (With Much Music) had "Speakers Corner" where you would go in front of a video camera and talk about what grinded your gears. It was youtube before youtube.

Most of all everything was shown in such a ghetto but amazing fashion.

This was from Halloween, but they had these skits going between halloween shows on Halloween. A little taste of what the 90s were in Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA_Rqnv-RB4&list=PLRqWygAllWAUQGzChH03jDs2yAK1ha67A&index=2

These were shown regularly inbetween shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP8_g8AQ7X0

"home improvement" best sitcom ever

Paperboy_J said:
The music (which I still listen to , BTW, I just hate the fact that I'm the only one).

Don't worry, you're not. I've grown up on Euro-)dance music, I really miss it a lot nowadays - and always get nostalgic when I hear soe on the radio.

Other than that, Club Dorothée (Frenchmen will know about this for sure)

Videogame wise, Classical  western RPGs (especially Might&Magic), Turn-based Strategy/Wargames (like Panzer General or Battle Isle), economic simulations (Germany produced a whole slew of these things, and they where generally good) and the fact that every console and computers had a very distinct game library with few crossovers. And arcades (though that's maybe more 80's stuff). Oh, and Cheatcodes.

As for Videogame Studios:

Sir-Tech

Westwood

Bullfrog

Maxis

JVC Computing

Apogee Software

Origin Systems