By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2017 French Election (Macron Wins 66%)

Who do you think will be the next President of France?

Macron 167 69.87%

Le Pen 72 30.13%

Total:239

For all of the horrible things Le Pen is, and all of her radicalism, I thought she wasn't nearly as dangerous as Melenchon. That guy looked batshit insane.

Now hopefully common sense prevails and there isn't another populist victory. Too many have already happened.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
barneystinson69 said:

Of course he will. It's all Putins fault...

Of course you believe in the magic terrorists to be the real threat

Magic terrorists? What?

NewGuy said:
StarOcean said:

Magic terrorists? What?

ISIS. They're a cop-out group. Anyone could do anything and as long as they said they're part of ISIS, ISIS will take credit for it. I could hug a hobo and it become national news, if I said I was part of ISIS -ISIS will endorse it. They're not the threat many fear fetishists think they are

NewGuy said:
StarOcean said:

Magic terrorists? What?

Probably alluding to the fact that terrorism consists of a minimal fraction (1%, at most) of murder committed in the West. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Interior ministry  results show 24.8%-22.2 for Le Pen with 20 million votes in. This is actual results, not just projections. I wonder how much of this is from Paris.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
StarOcean said:
Macron had better win or else the world falls into the Russians trap

Le pen better win or France gets more of the same again.

Better than Europe getting torn apart, by France possibly leaveing the EU.

I get the US voted for and get Trump elected.... Le Pen winning would be something like that.

Shes like crazy racist :p  (ei. doesnt believe jews where persecuted under WW2)

palou said:
NewGuy said:

Magic terrorists? What?

Probably alluding to the fact that terrorism consists of a minimal fraction (1%, at most) of murder committed in the West. 

And keeping in mind the fact Islamic terror didn't exist at all 20 years ago in the west, yet is now a monthly occurance. People just brushing it and pretending is not an issue will only make things worse...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

JRPGfan said:
barneystinson69 said:

Better than Europe getting torn apart, by France possibly leaveing the EU.

I get the US voted for and get Trump elected.... Le Pen winning would be something like that.

Shes like crazy racist :p  (ei. doesnt believe jews where persecuted under WW2)

That was her dad. I've never heard her personally saying that. While I would strongly disagree if she actually said that, macron is a sad joke, and will simply be more of the same.

StarOcean said:
barneystinson69 said:

I'd prefer the same over racists, Islamophobic, bigots who will gladly suck Putin's cock like they are in the US. Le Pen is waiting in line right after Trump for that. But if Macron loses, I'm sure Putin will plant more terrorist attacks in France.

She wants to follow england.... and leave EU, and basically break up the EU.

I hope she doesnt win, it ll hurt the west, and EU.

barneystinson69 said:
StarOcean said:

No, they aren't. We should sit around and do nothing, that will solve the issue...

Or you could use the ressources on a real issues instead of chasing a few dozen violent attention whores.

Statistically, terrorism just ISN'T a major issue in Europe. Less than 1% of murder committed, and less than 0.1% of violent death.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.