By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2017 French Election (Macron Wins 66%)

Who do you think will be the next President of France?

Macron 167 69.87%

Le Pen 72 30.13%

Total:239
Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

So being to college = liberal? What kind of backwards logic is that? Even more when you think that going to college/uni means you are sheltered.

No, going to college doesn't mean that they are a democrat/liberal or will certainly become one but you're more likely to convert to something on the left because colleges have been teaching and pressuring their students towards that. It's not far from democrat factories. I think that people who just gobble up whatever they're told and taught without questioning anything is sheltered and I think that more college students are like that. 

The smartest people is biased towards the left? I wonder why

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Lawlight said:

So being to college = liberal? What kind of backwards logic is that? Even more when you think that going to college/uni means you are sheltered.

No, going to college doesn't mean that they are a democrat/liberal or will certainly become one but you're more likely to convert to something on the left because colleges have been teaching and pressuring their students towards that. It's not far from democrat factories. I think that people who just gobble up whatever they're told and taught without questioning anything is sheltered and I think that more college students are like that. 

You've never seen a college from the inside, have you? That's literally the first thing you get taught.
Don't "believe", always question. There's tons of debating going on and obviously there isn't only one correct answer.

Barozi said:
Aeolus451 said:

You've never seen a college from the inside, have you? That's literally the first thing you get taught.
Don't "believe", always question. There's tons of debating going on and obviously there isn't only one correct answer.

Not by a lot of professors. Agree with me or fail. Do this or fail. There's a lot of examples of professors bullying their students to do ridiculous things to pass their course. 

WagnerPaiva said:
palou said:

If you're really up to no daring, just a message saying that you lost (or me, of course) in the signature is fine. But it's much more fun when something's at stake.

As said, you would have full right to propose any changes to my profile as my losing condition.

Lol. I will just add you as a friend and if Macron wins I will message you saying you´re the superior octopus-winner-picker.

That's good

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Added a poll. With 3 days to go, who will win?

Around the Network

Macron should win. I'm really sick of demagogues like Trump and Le Pen who just love to causes chaos.

barneystinson69 said:
StarOcean said:
Macron had better win or else the world falls into the Russians trap

Le pen better win or France gets more of the same again.

How are people still using the "Muh Russia" narrative when Seth Rich was implied to be the mole and was killed shortly after?

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Flilix said:
Lafiel said:

I'm relieved to see that Macron wins the first round and has great chances to take the 2nd round of the election, but I'm actually pretty sure this will be a short lived win of rationality in that case - I expect Le Pen to win the presidency within the next 10-15 years

It will depend on a lot of things that are immosible to foretell right now (whether or not Macron will be a good president, how much of an issue terrorism will be, how bad Trump will do as a president, ...).

I think this is the only chance the right has in terms of immigration, leaving the UN, ect.  If Macron wins it will probably be the point of no return

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Shadow1980 said:
Polls are showing Macron with a 20-point lead. That's way outside of any reasonable margin of error. Unless something happens within the next couple of days, Le Pen is not going to win this.

I assume that a huge terrorist attack could change that, but other than that I don't see her winning.

Macron's campaign has been hacked.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39827244