By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: focused or just dicking around?

I did a fair amount of exploring (80ish shrines, mostly discovered on my own), but weaved in story elements the whole time. I think I had about 60 hours in when I completed the story, then spent another 5-10 exploring a bit more. I'll probably get back to the game at some point and continue exploring.

Around the Network

Lol right! I've spent only over 15 hours, and Im mostly just going around, unlocking all the shrines and towers I can see for Fast teleportation.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'm 120 hours into BoTW and I have no plans to go to the castle, in fact almost half of the map is still undiscovered, I love to dick around with it.

Mostly goofing off, but I'm going to have to get serious before MK8 comes out.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

d21lewis said:
The thing about Zelda is that you'll see one thing and begin heading there. Before you get there, you'll be distracted by something else. Before you do that, something else will get your attention. Suddenly, a whole play session has passed and all you've done was dick around.

This sums up my experience with the game so far 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I usually don't have time to play games so, when I do play, I rush to the end.

With this game, I played slowly and savored every moment. There was a time when I was over 50 hours in and hadn't made any progress aside from completing Shrines. I said to myself, "I may not ever finish this game. It's too much."

Fast forward to the present. I've beaten the game, done almost every side quest, and I still want more. I even have a few days where I managed to squeeze in 8-12 hours!

Can you remember what your map completion % was after you beat the game  I was surprised that mine was only around 35% even though I'd been all over the map apparently it's a combination of named areas and shrines .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

68 Shrines
125-130 Korok Seeds
2 and 3/5 Stamina Wheels
15 Hearts
3 Divine Beasts

Have not uncovered 3 regions of the map, and still have much to explore. Have played 78 hours and 47 minutes, with an average of 2.3 hours per play session

bet: lost

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

I usually don't have time to play games so, when I do play, I rush to the end.

With this game, I played slowly and savored every moment. There was a time when I was over 50 hours in and hadn't made any progress aside from completing Shrines. I said to myself, "I may not ever finish this game. It's too much."

Fast forward to the present. I've beaten the game, done almost every side quest, and I still want more. I even have a few days where I managed to squeeze in 8-12 hours!

Can you remember what your map completion % was after you beat the game  I was surprised that mine was only around 35% even though I'd been all over the map apparently it's a combination of named areas and shrines .

I thought I'd gotten 100% once I did all of the towers. I'll beat it again tomorrow and see what it says. 

Nogamez said:
bit off both, but my main aim at the start was to try and open up all the map, then to really explore each area, finding loads off cool stufff along the way. Just knuckled down and found all the memories. Still two beast left aswell. 75 hours in so far

Just like me. I have finished the game twice or thrice bow but at first I discovered all the maps but just before that I tried to get past the edge of the world through sea but the strong winds wouldn't let me

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Nogamez said:
bit off both, but my main aim at the start was to try and open up all the map, then to really explore each area, finding loads off cool stufff along the way. Just knuckled down and found all the memories. Still two beast left aswell. 75 hours in so far

Just like me. I have finished the game twice or thrice bow but at first I discovered all the maps but just before that I tried to get past the edge of the world through sea but the strong winds wouldn't let me

haha imagine if you  landed on some distant land and then went viking, raping and pillaging.