By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Bomberman R v1.3 out now - Framerate increase, new maps, etc

GoOnKid said:
Nautilus said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, you have got a point there, even though there are a number of games that have improved performance(significaly) with patches on PS4 and XOne.

In this case, I think its more about Bomberman performing wayyyy better than Konami expected, and thus it giving support due to this(to keep selling), than anything else.

In that case I hope Konami considers reviving some other dead franchises. Gradius might be cool, for example, and that gunship seems to be a new character here in Bomberman.

They have so manyy things they need to revive, like Silent Hills, Castlevania, Contra, etc.The only one I see working is Contra, because the other ones involves a higher budget than Konami is currently wanting to invest, and I dont think they have the enough talented developers to pull it off.But I would love to be proven wrong.

Oh and if Im not mistaken, Bomberman R happened just because Nintendo pushed for it and even helped development.I think I read that somewhere

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

They have so manyy things they need to revive, like Silent Hills, Castlevania, Contra, etc.The only one I see working is Contra, because the other ones involves a higher budget than Konami is currently wanting to invest, and I dont think they have the enough talented developers to pull it off.But I would love to be proven wrong.

Oh and if Im not mistaken, Bomberman R happened just because Nintendo pushed for it and even helped development.I think I read that somewhere

I read that too, somewhere here on VGC. Nintendo might have had a feeling that this could be a good side game along Zelda. Seems they were right. Agree on Contra!

I must say, Im amazed by how well developers are supporting and patching their software on the switch. Hope that this attitude continues throughout the Switch's lifespan.

Ganoncrotch said:
find it very strange that the switch patches to games are actually adding features and improvements

Zelda patches improvements of performance were shockingly good
Fast RMX patch bought in time trial modes

Now this, all good work on the Switch front.

Specter of Torment also recieved an upgrade via patch, but it was a resolution upgrade. Even if it's an 8-bits game, it's really nice to see developers doing this kind of improvement (FPS and resolution) on their switch games

Now, about Bomberman... That's nice! I think this game isn't too demanding to be locked at 30FPS, it's great that they could improve the framerate. It was just bad optimization I guess.

konnichiwa said:
Nautilus said:

Why is it strange?Im genuinely curious, since the Switch is like any other console out there that can receive updates to fix or improve things.

Because updates on PS4/Xbox one games are mostly not adding stuff (infamous PS4 stability update).  For the switch it has probably something to do about devs getting the kits late and had a short deadline?

Oh yeah pretty much this, normally patches on consoles are just to iron out a few gamebreaking bugs, but rarely add modes, features or double the fps in area's like the switch has seen.

I'm guessing that some of the people who done work getting games out for launch just done enough to get the games functional and stable then shipped it, was after the launch was successful they've gone back and added some polish with patching which is great to see.

It's just a stark difference from the likes of Mass Effect 3 on the Wii-U launched with the DLC up to that point, then soon after the launch went tits up EA said that there was none of the extra dlc going to make its way onto the Nintendo machine because really... it just wasn't worth their time in the end. wasn't it the same with the batman game? season pass refunded or something if I recall.

Edit yeah it was batman

https://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-origins-dlc-wii-u-cancelled-season-pass-refunds/

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive