By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Currently from top 5 best reviewed games in 2017. Switch has 3 games

Sprash said:
I meber the times sony games were dismissed because that's a remaster, that's a port, that's a remake they don't count (that is a niche game :D ), but hey nintendo congrats for a port and a remaster^^

Do you actually read the comments?

OT: It is difficult to get bad reviewed games on your console when you only port well-reviewed games from previous gen.

Around the Network

Here's top 100 for all time too. Number of releases on metacritic in brackets.

PC - 16  (3557)
PS3 - 15  (1264)
360 - 14  (1666)
PS2 - 14  (1421)
XBOX - 6  (842)
PS1 - 6  (264)
Gamecube - 5  (511)
N64 - 4  (81)
Dreamcast - 4  (140)
Wii - 4  (874)
PS4 - 3  (852)
GBA - 3  (601)
XBO - 2  (522)
Switch - 2  (26)
WiiU - 1  (184)
3DS - 1  (356)

Barkley said:
If anyone's interested in how all systems are doing, here's how many titles each system has in the top 100 for this year so far.

PS4 - 40
PC - 22
XBO - 19
Switch - 13
3DS - 4
WiiU - 1
Vita - 1

It would be interesting to have exact number of released games this year for every system. For instance, PS4 has 94 released games until now in 2017, while Switch has 26, 3DS 6 and Vita only 2.

HintHRO said:
Sprash said:
I meber the times sony games were dismissed because that's a remaster, that's a port, that's a remake they don't count (that is a niche game :D ), but hey nintendo congrats for a port and a remaster^^

OT: It is difficult to get bad reviewed games on your console when you only port well-reviewed games from previous gen.

So Zelda BotW is port of previous gen, game that is relesed in March 2017. !? :D     Zelda BotW is brand new game, not port from previous gen.

Also, if you look at best reviewed PS4 games you will see that 1st two best reviewed games are remasters (GTAV and TLoU).

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:
If anyone's interested in how all systems are doing, here's how many titles each system has in the top 100 for this year so far.

PS4 - 40
PC - 22
XBO - 19
Switch - 13
3DS - 4
WiiU - 1
Vita - 1

It would be interesting to have exact number of released games this year for every system. For instance, PS4 has 94 released games until now in 2017, while Switch has 26, 3DS 6 and Vita only 2.

Updated it with releases for them all, will do same for the All Time list I posted if it's possible...

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
HintHRO said:

So Zelda BotW is port of previous gen, game that is relesed in March 2017. !? :D     Zelda BotW is brand new game, not port from previous gen.

Zelda on Switch is the exact same game as it is on Wii U. It even has the same framerate issues (on sub-HD resolution on a console that's supposed to be much more powerful). This means BotW is made for the Wii U and not from the ground up for the Switch. That makes it a direct port, yes. No mather the release date. 

Sprash said:

Yup. 'member "portstation"? 'member "remasters are pointess unless they are at least 10 years old". 'member "TLoU is a port, doesn't count"?

So... I guess, remakes and cross gen ports are now back to being a good thing.

OT: Great that people without a Wii U can now play these gems. I'm looking forward to it when I buy a Switch.

Having options is rarely a negative. I've never understood the hate towards ports and remakes. They're often outsourced to 3rd parties or being made by only a small part of a development studio. It's not like ports and remakes prevent us from getting new games

And yet the best game I have played this year is Resident Evil 7. Doesn't really mean anything to me in all honesty. From the top five maybe I will buy MK8D and P5 after they receive serious price cuts.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

naruball said:
Sprash said:

Yup. 'member "portstation"? 'member "remasters are pointess unless they are at least 10 years old". 'member "TLoU is a port, doesn't count"?

All fanbases pick and choose. I've always been a fan of "the strength of a whole library" instead of cherry picking but, I DO remember.

I remember when Kinect games didn't count as real games.

I remember when digital/indie games weren't real games.

I remember ports weren't real games.

I remember when games had to have a metascore of 70% (or was it 80%? I'm not sure...) to "count".

I remember when performance wasn't important. It's basically the same experience.

I remember when performance WAS important. Certain games are almost unplayable if they aren't at a certain resolution.

The narrative changes almost monthly when it comes to video game fanbases. History often repeats itself. People may have bragging rights now but always remember that the pendulum swings both ways. We'll be back to the "By my definition of what counts, ______ isn't a game" line of thinking before we know it.