By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is cutting the PS3's price cheating?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Both console companies do not care that much about which console outsells who in hardware. It is all about making profits. Only people who care so much about console numbers are fanboys.

Amen to that.  Of course they would like to see their competition make less profit, but that is a secondary concern to achieving their own first.

Around the Network

if you want to look at it that way, then nintnedo cheated by making their system so much less.

but thats not why the Wii is in first place anyway...

How is Sony being cheap by dropping their price? The Xbox 360 is capable of doing the same thing and has done so before in the past. This just goes to show which console consumers are starting to lean towards now, which is still at a higher price point than the 360 by the way. Would it be fair of me to say that the 360 is cheap for starting earlier and has a lower price?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

yea my friends are very shortsighted and gullible.

they actually beleived that mgs4 was coming to 360.

ROFLLMAO.

ok people are starting to think that i think its cheap for sony to cut teh price.

I OWN A PS3, and its my friends that r saying that ok.

Around the Network

Why dont you tell your friends that its not your fault the PS3 still costs much more money than the 360, and is still outselling it, also tell them about the ps2 right after that.

mM

Do you really talk console sales with your friends??

Anyways, back on topic

No prices cuts are not "cheap", every console has price cuts

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@ gebx

no, we were in a heated discussion about ps3 and 360.

I would also like to point out that console sales/positioning are not the sole concern of fanboys.

The market share (or at least, perceived market share) of a product amongst its competitors concern stockholders and investors, for starters.

But we consumers don't care much about that. What we do care about is that developers usually would rather develop games for consoles with the largest installed base possible, particularly for games with high development costs (which are normally, though not always, the best games), to guarantee a return on investment.

So yes, attention should be paid to console sales. If you love gaming, and I don't think it's too far-fecthed to propose that the immense majority of users here do, you want to be sure you own the console getting the games you love. A console that sells less will probaly receive less support, hence, you will get less bang for your buck if it is discontinued or does not have a varied enough library to take advantage of its particular capabilities.

Make sure the shadow you chase is not the one you cast.

CaptainPrefrences said:
@ gebx

no, we were in a heated discussion about ps3 and 360.

If you live in the US, the 360 will always be better, dont even try to argue.

mM