By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is cutting the PS3's price cheating?

today at lunch, i was talking with my friends, all of them own a 360. so i was saying that ps3 has been outselling the 360 ww for 19 weeks, and it outsold 360 in america for 2 montyhs, and they were like "its only because sony cut the price" and they started bitching liek typical fanboys.

then i said, its not my fault or sonys fault that MS released a console a year before and lost Billions in the RROD, and you still dont get a new console when they return it.

my point is that every console goes through a price drop through its life. 360 mightve had less, but they released a piece of crap hardware to be honest, and lost billions in TRYING, to fix it.

they also said that 360 is losing because ps3 came otu last. this is false. the ps1 came out before the n64, and it still raped the n64 by more than 40 million, AND nintendo had a good rep from the snes. ps2 came out a year b4 xbox and gamecube, and otusold them by more than 3 times.

so is sony really being cheap? 

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:

Yes, Sony is being cheap.

Words Of Wisdom said:
CaptainPrefrences said:

Yes, Sony is being cheap.

HOw is sony beign CHeap exactly?

^_^

Sony is doing what Sony needs to do and that is taking care of business.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

there really is no discussion here unless your friends come here.

Around the Network

If anything its worst that ps3 came out last

^_^

what did u ask? is it being cheap what do u mean?

I can see the arguments in this thread are about to happen. Way to go OP! Way to go!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Product dumping (selling a product for less than it costs) is somewhat like "cheating" but, because it is so widespread, is somewhat acceptable and can easily backfire on a company ... beyond that there is nothing that is really unfair in any way.

The fact is that Microsoft's poor sales have less to do with the PS3's price reduction as they do with the fact that the XBox 360 has been on the market for 30 months and has only received a $50 (12.5%) price reduction. Historically, most consoles have seen a 25% to 33% price reduction by the time they had been on the market for 18 months, and by the time they've been on the market for 36 months they are approaching a 50% reduction in their price.

"so is sony really being cheap?"

Well... they are cheaper now. *winkwink* ;)

But in all seriousness, no I dont think so. It was one of the better moves they've made in their PS3 generation.

I wouldn't be surprised if people would've loved to see the PS3 stay its original price and sink to oblivion.

Microsoft does it, Sony does it. Neither is being cheap.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.