By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Am I being irrational?

Am I being irrational about Russians?

Da (Yes) 33 78.57%

Net (No) 9 21.43%

Total:42

You can't hate a country of people just because their government did something you didn't like.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

Canada's still selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, so they can bomb and slaughter people in Yemen. In fact, their relationship with the Saudi regime in general is disgusting, they're allied with one of the most repressive regimes in the world.

Well unlike Russia they're not constantly threatening the West. I know it's because they're allied with us, but do you at least see where I'm coming from here?

And the West constantly threats Russia. The reality is, everyone country in the world has a shitty government.

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

And the West constantly threats Russia. The reality is, everyone country in the world has a shitty government.

Canada doesn't. At least not right now.

I'm not a fan of neoliberal politics, the Liberals are selling weapons to regimes, and lied about parliamentary reform, etc.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/5-Ways-Feminist-Justin-Trudeau-Talks-Left-Governs-Right-20160808-0011.html

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm not a fan of neoliberal politics, the Liberals are selling weapons to regimes, and lied about parliamentary reform, etc.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/5-Ways-Feminist-Justin-Trudeau-Talks-Left-Governs-Right-20160808-0011.html

But we didn't let Ukraine rebels shoot down a civilian airliner.

But we let Saudi Arabia bomb hospitals in Yemen.

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

We didn't have any say in that.

They have a say in whether or not they sell weapons to them.

Around the Network

Yes. Like I hate USA oh so much for all it's policies and "idelals" and what it does in the middle east and Africa. How it supports Israel and Saudi Arabia and how it always wants to topple leaderships from weak underdeveloped countries but I don't hate the people and I think they might some of the best people in the world but of course in such a large population not everyone is a decent human being but you get the point

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

We didn't have any say in that.

I thought the Canadians were the smart ones in North America? Look its an awful truth that you guys support a military regime and your neighbor and friend also supports another regime that kills innocents like its nothing namely Israel. Now I don't hate all Israelis but I do hate the people that govern the place and the people that follow orders to murder innocent souls. Your neighbor in and of itself kills hundreds of innocents just in drone strikes in Pakistan which looking at all international laws it has no right to do. If the UN would be doing its job the USA would be in a sea of trouble as it breaks so many damn laws and treaties. The USA is an international criminal if you look at the facts. Plus it lies to justify things like attacking other countries such as Iraq and Syria. It supports rebels that are terrorists and you'd know it if you have the knowledge and the capacity to accept facts. Now I don't know how much Canada is involved in the garbage pile that is US foreign policy but since its a NATO ally and neighbor to the regime, its gotta be pretty connected to all this. As far as Russia goes, USA and Russia are basically the same shitty bastards regarding foreign policy but USA has more power so it causes more destruction much more in fact. If one had to choose which was worse among the two USA always wins that contest

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I don't think you hate Russians. I think I can even name some Russians you don't hate, namely the LGBT community of Russia, who are Russians.

Just from what you're saying in this thread. Yes.

CaptainExplosion said:
Locknuts said:
So it's their ideology you hate? Nothing wrong with that.

You hate all Russians because some Russians and their government upset you? That's called racism.

I didn't think of it as racism because it was towards people who happened to be caucasian like myself.

I like the Japanese but I hate North Koreans, but they're both Asian, so you can't say I hate Asian people.

It doesn't matter how they look, or what you call it.

If you project the actions of a small and poorly representating group upon a large population, you are making an abusive generalization, which is always irrational.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.