By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021

Noo, I don't think this means doom and gloom for the system. It just means.... the Switch likely won't get those games, and that's okay. It doesn't need every game to be the most successful it could possibly be, but just a large varied library.

And I don't really expect these to release on Switch anyways. Ninten would have needed to be in close talks with these companies years ago, as well as provide support and dev kits to make these happen on the Switch. Neither of those likely happened, so these games not releasing on the Switch, no surprise there.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
FallingTitan said:
Wii U. Worldwide, that system sold just over 3 million units by the end of 2012

wii u sold over 3 million in 1 month! great launch.
but then went on to becoming the lowest selling console of all time.

So the switch numbers are similar.

but because of switch hype i said 20-25million units and in 5 years i'll point to this thread and say see i was right!

I don't know where your getting your numbers from, but according to VGChartz the Wii U didn't sell 3 million units until June 2013. (more than 7 months after launch)

Edit: I think you were thinking of shipped, not sold.

shikamaru317 said:

In regards to the poll, I think it'll do at least 50m lifetime considering the big handheld series like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Monster Hunter will eventually release on it, though I agree that the lack of big 3rd party games will hurt it some and most likely keep it from hitting Wii numbers. 

switch will have those nice handheld games to boost sales. wii u didnt have that luxury.

V-r0cK said:
Jranation said:
As long as you got the big exclusive hitters the came on the 3DS and Wii U to the Switch, then it should be able to do 50mil+
- Pokemon
- MH
- Splatoon
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash
- Animal Crossing
- More Zelda
- and others that I might forgot

This thread is about 3rd party games/support, your list is all 1st party aside from MH lol

Besides, anybody that picks up a NS knows that those 1st party games and MH are likely to come to NS anyways and is expected.  People want more 3rd party support for NS or else it'll just be like Wii U and that's what nobody wants.

I like how you conveniently ignore the flame bait poll that's attached to the OP.

The BuShA owns all!

FallingTitan said:

but because of switch hype i said 20-25million units and in 5 years i'll point to this thread and say see i was right!

While I would say it is too early to tell. The numbers you are reporting are incorrect. If you look at Nintendo's IR data from Jan 2013, they indicated they shipped 3 million units but VGChartz data indicates that they sold around 2 million (if you remeber right after November, there was an issue, particularly in the UK where no one was buying remaining units). In addition, nearly all systems perform relatively strongly out the gate, and some drop off for a while after but are revived late (PS3 and 3DS come to mind). You are making a huge assumption based on a single system as well as the assumption that Nintendo will not respond with marketing tools like price cuts should the system start to linger (early price cuts within the first 6 months helped boost the sales of N64, GC, GBA, DS, and 3DS when they started to linger after their respective launches). 

Around the Network
nemo37 said:
FallingTitan said:

While I would say it is too early to tell. The numbers you are reporting are incorrect. If you look at Nintendo's IR data from Jan 2013, they indicated they shipped 3 million units but VGChartz data indicates that they sold around 2 million (if you remeber right after November, there was an issue, particularly in the UK where no one was buying remaining units). In addition, nearly all systems perform relatively strongly out the gate, and some drop off for a while after but are revived late (PS3 and 3DS come to mind). You are making a huge assumption based on a single system as well as the assumption that Nintendo will not respond with marketing tools like price cuts should the system start to linger (early price cuts within the first 6 months helped boost the sales of N64, GC, GBA, DS, and 3DS when they started to linger after their respective launches). 

I think people are not paying attention to the high price of Switch. And unlike Wii U, I believe Switch can get pricecuts to boost it's sales when needed. Personally I'm waiting for new colours, information about online  and compatibility with Wii Remote or Joycons wit D-pad - and games that utilise the controller camera as a pointer.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Green098 said:
FallingTitan said:

I don't know where your getting your numbers from, but according to VGChartz the Wii U didn't sell 3 million units until June 2013. (more than 7 months after launch)

Edit: I think you were thinking of shipped, not sold.

oh it probably is shipped. 

Goodnightmoon said:
twintail said:

I didnt realise the 3DS wasnt a handheld but an actual console that received console dominant IPs.

And you probably didn't realize that Switch is not a traditional console and the same reasons that made 3ds succesful can easily make Switch succesful too.

Except let's be honest here; millions of people bought the 3DS - and 2DS - becsuse its dirt cheap. It's always been easily possible to get a 2DS for £80 often with a game, and a 3DS for anywhere between £110 and £180 depending on the version and bundle, but the Switch? It's £280, not including a game. It's way beyond "it'll keep the kids quiet" or "I'll just grab of those for Christmas!" territory. So no, while it may be portable, it's not even close to the same situation as a 3DS; It's over double the price, isn't as easily portable as a 3DS, has fewer games than the 3DS - so on the portable front Nintendo are actually competing with themselves and losing as the 3DS will continue to sell more, and on the console side, it's the most expensive of the three, the least powerful with the fewest games. It's a great concept, but it really is a hard sell when you go beyond new gadget launch hype. 

Goodnightmoon said:

Breath of The Wild, Splatoon 2, MK Deluxe and Mario Oddissey are not being released on ps4 or XBO

Does this bold well for their futures?

The PS4 is already an established success, though. It doesn't really have to prove itself. The Switch is much more of an unknown.

Hey switch is getting fifa and nba2k so don't sleep on it