By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Even if Sony "wins", have they really "won"?

hmmm so i see
that upcoming spike in the ps2's line the ps3 won't get because the weeks from launch have different christmas periods on the x-line in their respective graphs...

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Ajax said:
that's why i said
that if the theories of some of the guys in this thread are true
the ps3 will fall below the ps2's ww sales line soon
just like your post predicts

Its not really a question of if it will fall behind. In the aligned launched of PS3 VS PS2 the holdays are mis-aligned, this means that in a few weeks the PS2 is going to have a huge surge on that graph and the PS3 isn't (unless you think the PS3 is suddenly going to start experiencing holiday sales in April/May.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Ajax said:
hmmm so i see
that upcoming spike in the ps2's line the ps3 won't get because the weeks from launch have different christmas periods on the x-line in their respective graphs...

Correct.  You've got it now~

To Each Man, Responsibility
RedArmia said:
Auron said:
dgm6780 said:
wii is a different market, PS3 is in the HD market and they are well on thier way to winning it

You PS3 fanboys are almost as delusional as the Xbots, face it Ninty got it right this time and the PS3 well missed the mark a little. They are still both in the HOME consolemarket and it is only Sony's fault for not selling as much as Ninty. Open your eyes fanboy.

Pot calling the kettle black, funny.

With a post like that no one would ever mistake you for a fanboy.

You fanboys need to relaize that Wii and PS3 can and will coexist, they are two way differant machines that offer two very differant experiences.

The only loser is the 360, what will you all agrue about when both wii and PS3 break 100 million consoles sold ?

You have the gaul to call someone a fanboy after typing that last line. The PS3 is not going to sell 100 million consoles.

If a football team is picked to win the superbowl by 14 and they win by 10 did they really win?

Around the Network

on the other hand

the ps2 was months out in all regions when it hit it's first holyday season
while the ps3 was just launched a month earlier in only japan and america

so if you consider the first full two years from both systems laucnhes from their japanese release

the ps2 had 2 full blown holyday seasons
while the ps3 had only 1 full blown holyday season
and the first one was also with a lot less games cause the system was just launched a couple of weeks in japan and america in novermber 2006

so actually
the ps2 was launched on much better times..

''Hadouken!''

I think this generation is a terrible blow for sony, even if they come in a strong 2nd. They ate through the entire profits of the PS1 and PS2 in the PS3's first year. Even if the PS3 does well, it's not going to recover the past 13 years worth of profits. The Brandname has taken a big hit (a huge hit in Japan), and they've given market share to their competitors. It takes a seriously glass half full guy to say that their is any victory for them to have. At best there is slightly less fail to achieve.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Sqrl said:
Ajax said:
that's why i said
that if the theories of some of the guys in this thread are true
the ps3 will fall below the ps2's ww sales line soon
just like your post predicts

Its not really a question of if it will fall behind. In the aligned launched of PS3 VS PS2 the holdays are mis-aligned, this means that in a few weeks the PS2 is going to have a huge surge on that graph and the PS3 isn't (unless you think the PS3 is suddenly going to start experiencing holiday sales in April/May.

Its possible, there are two huge games around that time, April for GTA 4, and June for MGS4. Though the PS3 wont sell 1.3M consoles in one week its impossible, more like half of that.

mM

but i understand what all you guys say now :)

''Hadouken!''

but still!

ok
the ps2 line will see a spike soon that the ps3 line won't
see
beacause the holydays aren't aligned
sounds logical

but months after that ps2 spike
the ps3 will get a spike that the ps2 won't get
and the question is
will the ps3 be able to spike back to the line of the ps2

''Hadouken!''