By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Lego City Undercover Comparison - Switch vs PS4/Xbox One

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Swear it feels like Eurogamer is getting paid by Nintendo to compare indies and smaller titles that they would never do otherwise....before the Switch they rarely talked about a lot of indies

Well first, this is hardly an indie game. Second it's because Switch is new hardware, like they did with Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One they're obviously going to compare the multiplatform games with have released within the past month, wait for more to release like Steep and Dragon Quest XI. Third it's not like PS4 and Xbox One have been able to run these games at 1080p 60fps so it's not like they're not some what demanding at least not as demanding as a typical indie 2D sidescroller.

Around the Network

PS4 / Xbox one ports should have had higher draw distance... that fence texture not loading looks horrible.

It feels like they put more effort into the switch version.

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Swear it feels like Eurogamer is getting paid by Nintendo to compare indies and smaller titles that they would never do otherwise....before the Switch they rarely talked about a lot of indies

What does Eurogamer or Indies have to do with this topic?

irstupid said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:

What does Eurogamer or Indies have to do with this topic?

Digital Foundry is a part of Eurogamer, as for indies I'm not sure unless it's to do with that one Snake Pass video they did which was the first game to release simultaneously on Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC, as well as the Switch's first unreal engine game.

b00moscone said:
The_Yoda said:

I recommend it.  I bought it on WiiU and took the time to 100%.  I normally don't get into Lego games (used to buy them for The Boy when he was younger) but I really enjoyed this one.  I enjoyed it enough that I had even forgotten about the horrendous load times until someone brought it up in another thread.

Nice, i've been looking for something to play after finishing Zelda and having my fun with Fast RMX, so this seems like a good pick up!

Looks like it is priced at $50 ... although it is a good game, that is a little on the expensive side given it's age ...

Around the Network

Kinda the wrong game to do a dick measuring contest with. It's a legos game...

Aeolus451 said:

That's the problem, nobody is doing a dick measuring contest of this yet some of you chose to see it like that God knows why.

The_Yoda said:
b00moscone said:

Nice, i've been looking for something to play after finishing Zelda and having my fun with Fast RMX, so this seems like a good pick up!

Looks like it is priced at $50 ... although it is a good game, that is a little on the expensive side given it's age ...

Hmmm...yeah, i agree, but i'll definitely keep an eye out for any sort of deals for it.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

This is when I love Digital Foundery. When they actually have hands on testing and side by side comparisons. Their rumor vids are so beneath them that it's disappointing.

The proof is in the pudding and the Switch is holding its own aginst the PS4 and Xbox One. And bringing the ability to play these games at home AND on the go is, at least to me, the deciding factor in making purchasing decisions.

In the modern day with powerful mobile chips everywhere my gaming system should be able to allow me to play at home and anywhere else I desire. The Switch is delivering.

PS: I just saw ten Switch"s at Walmart in the case waiting for their new owners.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Goodnightmoon said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's the problem, nobody is doing a dick measuring contest of this yet some of you chose to see it like that God knows why.

I'm not saying that it being a dick measuring contest is bad but that this is the wrong game for it. Of course, it's gonna be like when they're comparing how well a game runs on competing devices. It makes sense for it be to like that.